close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marriage advice...

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by anon782010, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Well fellas, less than 2 weeks left before the big day.

Being just a young pup, I thought maybe some of you could give me some advice about marriage.

Funny, serious, whatever, just like to hear from people that are smarter than me, and that would be you guys...

2. Humor...I think my wife and I will be together for a long, long time, because we make each other laugh.

3. Run now ... run like the wind!

4. An old man once told me...... Hold your wife's hand whenever you can and it will keep the two of you together and strong.

Fuzzy

5. I`VE BEEN MARRIED FOR 18 YEARS, HERE`S WHAT I WOULD ADVISE-

MAKE SURE YOUR READY TO GET MARRIED, NOT JUST DOING IT BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS.MARRIAGE IS NOT EASILY REVERSEABLE AND IT CAN BE COSTLY, ESPECIALLY IF THERE ARE KIDS INVOLVED.

STAYING MARRIED IS A JOB, IT IS WORK, YOU CONSTANTLY HAVE TO GIVE AND TAKE. KNOW WHEN TO GIVE AND KNOW WHEN ITS OK TO TAKE.

AS FAR A HUNTING, MAKE SURE SHE KNOWS UP FRONT WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU. YOU DO NOT WANT HER GETTING UPSET THAT YOU ARE LEAVING FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND TO GO TO HUNTING CAMP WITH THE GUYS.

FINALLY, MAKE SURE THAT THE WOMAN YOU ARE MARRYING IS THE WOMAN YOU TRULY WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH. LOOKS CHANGE WITH AGE. WRINKLES AND WEIGHT HAVE A TENDANCY TO MAKE A 20 YEAR OLD BEAUTY, NOT SO AT 40. TAKE A LOOK AT HER PARENTS, WHAT TYPE OF CHARACTER DO THEY HAVE, CHANCES ARE ANY BAD TRAITS THEY CARRY WILL BE EASIER FOR HER TO CARRY. THE APPLE DOES NOT FALL FAR FTOM THE TREE.
    BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION.

6. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Remember the two magic words..."Yes, dear."

7. Is this really mudhole asking this question or are you asking it on behalf of others?

8. Or was this Mudhole's soon to be wife hijacking his login???

9. ive been married 20 yrs in sep. , dont let anyone fool you its the greatest thing in life, it will not always be easy, its a give & take adventure, but to have a person who always has your back, always believes in you, will stick by your side though thick & thin , its a feeling that no money can buy!! one word of advise is the honeymmoon will not last forever, when you guys decide to have kids its a feeling that cant be described in words, it will make you realize what life is all about, but dont be in to much of a hurry kids WILL put a damper on your sex life ask any dad, i wish to you guys a lifetime of happiness , congrats!!!!!!! oh ya your bachelor party is your night for " seeing double and feeling single" tell your wife im just kidding!!!!! never go to bed mad at each other , end arguments asap!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007
  10. I'll have 19 years invested in Sept. It's been the best investment I've ever made. My wife and I jokingly say we've been married for 19 years and it's been the best 18 years we've ever had...the first year is a year of adjustments but well worth the work once you both understand you are a couple but both are individuals. Just because you are married doesn't mean she has to become you or you have to become her (although that is an interesting picture in my mind :evil: ). You both should know going in what each likes to do and give each other some room to do that but realize some of your alone time will be diminished significantly. My wife knew going in that hunting and fishing was a big part of my life and she has been very understanding. But I will add this...don't take it for granted or take advantage of it. When the kids come along you will see reduced time in the tree stand and on the water...but in many regards you will want it that way and it makes your hunting/fishing time more appreciated. Jump in and enjoy it...you'll wonder why you waited so long.

11. Fish Hook

Fish Hook Banned

NOTHING to worry about, this guy is happily married.

[​IMG]

12. Trigger, get the hell out while you can.....take it from a single man. I'm perfectly miserable being single.

Remember, you can always disengage. LOL

"Seeing Double and being single"? ...very clever Mike Murley.

And James, if I were married to you, I'd laugh too.........LOL

13. In some form or another, make her feel special....every day!

Communication, Humor, Romance, Compromise.... a few of the things I think nourish a marriage most.

14. Stallion, is that you? Please, I think of you in a Caddy Shack kind of way...please refrain from any mushy gushy stuff...Please!!!

Quail, please insert the puking/pissing monkey here for me......

15. Been married for a little under a year. It is hard to adjust especially in the financial department. I spend twice as much as she does, thank god she makes good money.