close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Married to a good woman!

Discussion in 'Indiana Ice Fishing' started by goggleye57, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Here is the email I recieved from my wife early yesterday afternoon- I didn't even ask!:) 29 pretty good years

"Hey, I rescheduled my chiropractic appointment so I should be back and ready to go home when you are done. I love you! That way, you can go fishing if you want"

You young guys - choose carefully - a wife could be the best thing or the worst thing that ever happened to you! :yikes:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  2. I've got one too...... Great isn't it?!?;)

3. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

If you guys only new!

4. :bowdown: to all your supportive wives.

5. Goggleye we did to get together and have some supper with the wives. My wife never says a word about me hunting and fishing. We were married 38 years ago and nothing has changed except she just don't go hunting and fishing with me the way she use to. I love her to death do us part.

6. My wife hunts and fishs almost as much as I do......

7. I can count myself among the lucky also.............not only am I fortunate enough to have a wife who supports my hunting and fishing, but I have 2 daughters who's husbands hunt and fish also. My daughters are as supportive of their husbands as my wife is of me. My wife and daughters all love the outdoors and we have spent many weekends camping, boating and fishing. I also have 2 grandsons that learned to hunt and fish at an early age, all this makes for one great family and one awful lucky me.

8. I also am lucky enough to have a great wife who supports my outdoors quests. She is the best part about me...

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Great post, Mark....I taught my wife how to fish and now on occasion, we fish together....next year, she'll do some pheasant hunting with me.

Great to have an understanding wife.

10. My first date with my wife-to-be, 20 years ago, was a fishing trip. I think she was humoring me then, but she still likes to go several times a year. She is pretty good about letting me play with my outdoor buddies. So long as I don't neglect my business at home. Wouldn't trade her for anything.

11. Ha! My first date was a night of spotlighting for both carp and deer...what a romancer I am!

12. I bet you took out to McDonalds or Burger King afterwards :)

13. I am very lucky. My girl was raised in the city and by no means comes from an "outdoor family." But,she also loves me very much and cares about what I care about, even if she really doesn't. Her birthday falls during the week of the shotgun opener, and this year, despite it being her bithday, agreed to let me hunt, and could not have been sweeter about the whole thing. She has agreed to let me teach her how to do a little fishing, and to shoot the .22. Does she really want to do these things for her, no I don't think so. But the fact that she is willing to do them for me means alot more the way I see it. She may not change an appointment for me...but I think I have found as good as there is. Go ahead guys, poke fun at me, (I know you will Dean), but I love her, and she loves me, and she supports me, even if she doesn't really want to.

14. Good deal Tmarsh. I don't plan on tying the knot anytime soon. I just don't feel ready yet. I'll keep on playing the field boys........ tough job, but someone has to do it.