close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Master Trooper Dave Rich

Discussion in 'Indiana Outdoor News' started by Reb, Jul 13, 2007.

1. We've lost a good officer, friend, husband, father, and sportsman. Dave Rich was a good role model for all of us. In our lifetime we meet several wonderfull people but only a few that are without question genuine and truly good. Dave Rich was one of those people.
    This was going to be Dave's first year to bow hunt and he was looking forward to it like a young child looks forward to Christmas morning. Dave will not physically be with us in the field this year because he was gunned down by a coward on July 5th 2007.
    Dave was laid to rest on the 11th with a fantastic outpouring of support from family, friends, law enforcement and other emergency services from all over the country and the community of Wabash.
    When you get the opportunity, say a prayer for Dave's wife and three children he was taken away form and think of him in October when we start our 07 season. I think Dave will appreciate it.

Thank You!
    Dave's Friend

2. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. My thaught's and prayers are with his family

3. Thank You Trooper Rich For Your Services To Our State. Our Thoughts And Prayers Are With Your Family.

4. Hey Reb,
    Man I feel for you, sorry for the loss of your friend, and a hero to our state!

You're absolutely right, the guy who shot him was a coward, and a lunatic.

Our prayers go out to Trooper Rich's family.

Maybe, when it's time, you'll have an opportunity to tell his kids about their dad.
    Hero's never really die as long as we keep their memory alive.
    H.S.

5. I didn't know Officer Rich, but I'd like to point out that he just got done helping a stranded motorist before he was murdered. May God rest his soul, and bless his wife and family. He sounds like one heck of a guy...someone we should all be proud of.

I'll be thinking of him when I go bowhuntind this fall.

6. I thought the guy who was "stranded" was also the killer. Then turned the gun on himself. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Very sad news indeed. May he rest in peace.

7. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Correct,he stopped to help and was gunned down as he aproached the "stolen" vehicle.

8. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

His dad was one of my grandpa's best friends and hunting buddies. my prayers are with them.

9. Always an unfortunate situation. Makes me sick to think of his wife and children. Thankfully there are many courageous individuals in publlic service to protect us from the crazies...

10. Talk about sad. A coward guns down a good family man and friend to his community. This clown will be a hero in prison because he killed a cop. So sad. My prayers are with him and his family and friends. God Bless you and watch over you.

11. No prison for this shooter, he killed himself after he shot Trooper Rich.

12. Horrible situation, god bless him and his family and friends. Makes you think, I have several friends that are State Troopers and Co. Sheriff's. Everyone of 'em took it hard.