Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught my first ever King from shore on Wednesday night off the pier in Michigan City. Have caught several from charters, but this is my first from shore. She hit a glow green KO Wobbler. Fish was 30 inches long and full of eggs. Took me 5 hours to get one fish, this was the only bite i had, but kinda like getting a big buck, it's all worth putting the time in.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Smitty, if it was you who called me about salmon (cant find your phone #) give me a call. You might want to bump your trip up a week. Fish are showing up in South Bend already. We are supposed to get temps in the 40s this coming week and that should trigger a major run upstream. There has been good amounts of steelhead coming in and the salmon wont be far behind.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Congrats! She's a beauty!

Caught my first king (or should I say She caught me) 23 years ago! Been hooked ever since..

·
Administrator
3,970 Posts
Nice catch.

·
Registered
133 Posts
pigeonflier said:
Smitty, if it was you who called me about salmon (cant find your phone #) give me a call. You might want to bump your trip up a week. Fish are showing up in South Bend already. We are supposed to get temps in the 40s this coming week and that should trigger a major run upstream. There has been good amounts of steelhead coming in and the salmon wont be far behind.
I will be coming up Mon. Can you give me some directions to a good spot on trail creek?

·
Registered
133 Posts
smitty said:
I will be coming up Mon. Can you give me some directions to a good spot on trail creek?
cancel that idea. ended up going to St. joe and caught 2 kings, and had a couple of nice steelies on the line--but they won the fight.that was monday. my little brother caught his first salmon on tuesday, a jack. had a good time.:) also caught a walleye, but it was just under 14 inches.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Guys, I need some Direction Help, The last time I went to Trail Creek was eons ago. Can anyone give me directions to a wadable spot or two, There aren't any dirt roads up there so I get confused easy.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
trail creek directions

where r u coming from to get to trail creek??? I can tell u how i get there I coming from oak forest, IL i take 80-94 east to port of indiana exit, when u get to top of ramp make a right go to first stop light this will be route 20 i believe, turn left at the stoplight and go east 20 will run u all the way to trail creek itll be up a ways i forgot how far i believe its on the other side of michigan city but 20 runs over it there shud be a place off to the side of the road to park a little lot.

if u dont have luck go west on 20 back toward the port of indiana exit follow the road all the way back into the port, ur gonna have to go through a guard shack tell em ur going fishing and follow the road all the way back to the public access site, (I nailed big steelhead and coho in here before on 3/4 ounce lil cleo green glow spoons)

u need ne thing else send me an email at [email protected]

good luck:fish:
-corey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts