close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mich City Shore King

Discussion in 'Indiana Big Lake Fishing' started by brad24, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Caught my first ever King from shore on Wednesday night off the pier in Michigan City. Have caught several from charters, but this is my first from shore. She hit a glow green KO Wobbler. Fish was 30 inches long and full of eggs. Took me 5 hours to get one fish, this was the only bite i had, but kinda like getting a big buck, it's all worth putting the time in.

[​IMG]

2. Smitty, if it was you who called me about salmon (cant find your phone #) give me a call. You might want to bump your trip up a week. Fish are showing up in South Bend already. We are supposed to get temps in the 40s this coming week and that should trigger a major run upstream. There has been good amounts of steelhead coming in and the salmon wont be far behind.

3. Great fish Brad. Congrats.:biggrin:

4. Congrats! She's a beauty!

Caught my first king (or should I say She caught me) 23 years ago! Been hooked ever since..

5. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

Nice catch.

6. I will be coming up Mon. Can you give me some directions to a good spot on trail creek?

7. cancel that idea. ended up going to St. joe and caught 2 kings, and had a couple of nice steelies on the line--but they won the fight.that was monday. my little brother caught his first salmon on tuesday, a jack. had a good time.:) also caught a walleye, but it was just under 14 inches.

8. Hey Guys, I need some Direction Help, The last time I went to Trail Creek was eons ago. Can anyone give me directions to a wadable spot or two, There aren't any dirt roads up there so I get confused easy.

Thanks

9. trail creek directions

where r u coming from to get to trail creek??? I can tell u how i get there I coming from oak forest, IL i take 80-94 east to port of indiana exit, when u get to top of ramp make a right go to first stop light this will be route 20 i believe, turn left at the stoplight and go east 20 will run u all the way to trail creek itll be up a ways i forgot how far i believe its on the other side of michigan city but 20 runs over it there shud be a place off to the side of the road to park a little lot.

if u dont have luck go west on 20 back toward the port of indiana exit follow the road all the way back into the port, ur gonna have to go through a guard shack tell em ur going fishing and follow the road all the way back to the public access site, (I nailed big steelhead and coho in here before on 3/4 ounce lil cleo green glow spoons)

u need ne thing else send me an email at bigshot846@netscape.net

good luck:fish:
    -corey