close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mid-day hunting

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Dean Weimer, Oct 23, 2006.

1. I have today off and am helping my buddy do farm work. I was filling the tractor up with fuel and happened to look out in the field. I saw three deer heading into the corn field at 12:15 P.M. While it was only a doe and her "twins", it was movement nonetheless. This cold weather is awesome.....

With this weather the way it is I believe I'll start hunting all day. Just wondered if anyone else was seeing any midday activity........

2. I saw a fairly respectable 100-110 class buck saturday as I was getting ready to cut fire wood for my dad in southern IN on Sat at approx. 11:30 in the morning. I was kind of thinking it was because of the approaching cold front, but mid-day.

3. Planning on some mid day hunting beginning on the 1st.

4. We seen one small buck feeding at 3:00 pm Saturday when we pulled into our Brown County spot for the evening hunt.

5. midday movement

Saw a 4 pointer feeding at 3:30 the other day

6. the kids had a half day today so we headed to the woods after lunch and saw deer feeding in the cut corn about 3pm (6 does also out with the kids) daughter saw them first!

7. most of my shots on deer have alwaya been between 9 and 11 am.

8. Little bro went scouting at Atterbury yesterday...saw 3 deer at noon. He went back today... got in the stand late...10:30... saw 3 does at 11:00 and connected on one.

9. I had so many times got down out of my stand at 11am to spook a buck that would have came by,its hard sometimes to sit there all day but ive got half my bucks after 10:00. They DO stir around miday,and always seem to 'mill' around at a slow pace.

10. i most of mi deer any where from 8 am to 2 pm then at 6 or later

11. I second what Reloader said, except with one exception. When they're in the woods they seem to be real calm, etc. But, watch what they do when they shoot across an open field. No lolly gagging around when they're exposed. Mature bucks especially have been conditioned not to expect much human intrusion during the mid-day. Couple this with a breeding period that is right around the corner, and you have the makings of some fine hunting during those hours between 10 and 2. good luck men.............

12. Halloween..........

I'd just ask that from Oct31 until Nov 10 everyone keep a log daily on when they saw a deer. Seperate them does and antlered bucks. if it is not a surefire doe call it unknown..........

I'll predict

Does....... daylight to 10:00am 4pm until dark

Bucks....... 9:00am-3:00pm

Unknown......all day

My reasoning,

The bucks want to keep their schedule, they will lay down right at daylight but the breeding urge will prevail, they will bed again in late afternoon but get back up at dark

Does will keep same scedule, just waiting for buck to find her in that sexy pose.....

Unknown.......... "kids" not knowing what or where they should be/doing.

November 4,5,6,7,8........ be in a stand all day every day!!!