Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located an area that appears to host a healthy population of coyote. However it is bounded by a small neighborhood and other scattered homes. Is there a minimum distance that you must maintain from occupied structures when hunting with a fire arm in Indiana?
Thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
aint no law says ya have to be 500 ft from a road.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I have located an area that appears to host a healthy population of coyote. However it is bounded by a small neighborhood and other scattered homes. Is there a minimum distance that you must maintain from occupied structures when hunting with a fire arm in Indiana?
Thanks
NOPE....no minimum distance.....Its a common since thing IMO

·
Registered
49 Posts
I asked a similar question on another site directly to a CO and the response I got was that you had to contact the municipality that governs where you're planning to hunt and abide by their tenets and ordinances, if there's no town or city nearby, you have to contact your county government.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discharging a firearm (including a bow and arrow) is prohibited in or within 150 yards of a developed recreation site, a residence, or any place where people are likely to be is illegal in Indiana.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts