close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Missing Dish Channel

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by BRICH60, Jul 24, 2007.

1. I SUBSCRIBE TO DISH TV NETWORK AT HOME. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MENS OUTDOOR AND RECREATION CHANNEL (MOR) FORMERLY THE MENS CHANNEL THAT WAS ON DISH TV. MY PROGRAM GUIDE SAYS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED AS OF LAST WEEK. I`VE ENJOYED THEIR HUNTING PROGRAMS FOR YEARS NOW AND NOW ALL OF THE SUDDEN ITS NOT AVAILABLE.

DOES ANY DISH SUBSCRIBER KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS NETWORK. I MISS MY SHUNTING SHOWS.

2. Wish I did know. I'm with dish here too in Col. City...same story. Been longer than a week though, more like 2 weeks. Not the only channels that were lost, but the only one I cared about.

3. I have a friend that has Dish Network and lost his too. He called and complained. Dish said they were in possible negotations, but wasn't sure they'd ever get it back. His only option was to do what I do with DirecTV, and that's pay an additional $1.99 per month for the Outdoor Channel.

4. Getting ready to switch to Direct TV anyway! It is the only way I can get the Big10 channel next month!

That does suck though . . . that was one my fav's as well. It is amazing how some of the cheesiest hunting shows keep you entertained during the off season!

5. I believe the Mens Channel is now called Verses.

6. No, the outdoor life channel is now called versus

MOR is in negotiations with DISH, might come back, might not.

I keep seeing advertisements in magazines for the sportsmans channel or something like that that is all hunting and fishing with no infomercials or bull riding...wish that would show up...

7. I have a good friend that works for Dish Network. I just asked him about the MOR channel yesterday. He said there is a VERY strong possibilitly that it will be replaced with "The Sportsmens' Channel".

Fuzzy

8. Yeah... OLN was replaced/renamed by Versus... which at the time claimed to have much more outdoor type shows (hunting/fishing). Turns out they have bull riding, boat races, and the Tour De France... none of which I am interested in. The Sportsman's Channel looks awesome. The slunger hollow boys have a regular show on it. A buddy here called Comcast to see about getting it added to the roster... and they said the demand is not high enough. Unfortunately... there are not enough of us.

9. I called them on the issue. THe company that owns that block of channels. I think they are lumped together there in that group, anywho the company pulled their channels from the network and so the network had no other option other than to shut them down. I asked if I could get the Outdoor Channel for free. A nine for one trade. She laughed at me... So I now have to pay 2.95 a month for my fix of hunting on tv. When you think about it Dish is making out I pay 2.95 more a month for eight less channels.

Hmmm now I know how lindsay lohan feels when she cant get enough booze and cocaine.

10. IMO, you aren't missing much, but too each his own.

I had Direct TV for three years and then Dish Network for at least 5 years. I paid the $1.99 (or whatever it was) for the Outdoor Network. I watched all the crappy and I mean CRAPPY! hunting shows. Tuesday nights, weekends, odd times, etc. I always asked myself, "outside of the Primos shows, why do I even waste my time?". Then in Jan. 2006, I went into business for myself and in doing so I decided it was time to cut some costs as I went into this "risky" venture. So among some other things, I discontinued the dish. I thought it would be the worst thing ever, but I found in less than a month, I did not miss the damned thing one bit. Today, I could more than afford to have the Dish or Direct hooked back up, but there is no way in hell I would waste my money with them. 99.999% crap, 99.999% of the time. In disconnecting mine, I find I spend more time doing constructive family things, getting things done around the house that need done, and actually focusing on hunting ... not watching others hunt. On top of that ... I've got more money laying around for hunting stuff ... :biggrin:

IMO, Primos puts out a good show. Slunger Hollow was good, but their recent DVD's took a dive, IMO. Double Bull does some nice work. Beyond that ... they all pretty much suck, IMO. Same canned script, same canned crap.

11. Tell me about it. Pretty upset now. That is all I watched was the Outdoor Channel and MOR. Looks now I have to leave it too Outdoor Channel and VS. I'm gonna miss MOR.