Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been well over the 60 days required to get an official score on the massive controversial buck from Morgan Cty. What has happened to this deer? Has anyone heard anything new about this brute?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Hasn't been scored as far as I know.

The deer hasn't been scored to my knowledge. And, the family doesn't seem to be responding to anyone's requests to do so. Don't know what will happen now.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
don't get your hopes up

I just talked to John a little while ago Bo. He tried to give them a call and the numbers no longer exist.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
who knows?

The trauma of harvesting a world class buck that is close to being a world record has ruined this poor kid's existence (and his family). Or, he could just still be looking for someone to score the point next to the right brow time as the G2. Or, he could have sold it. Or, which I believe, it was all done with smoke and mirrors. I hope the poor kid doesn't turn into a monster buck slaying hermit like Rompala. I demand to see an X-ray!!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Sam what was the name of the Officer you "overheard"? What County? Please don't start this B.S. again. THE DEER HAS NOT BEEN SIEZED!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've heard that they changed thier phone # and that the buck is going to score or net close to 200 inches due to the deductions. It is still one HECK of a buck!!!!!I heard this from some one in the IDHA. I hope we get to see this GIANT up at the show in INDY. does anyone know if they are bringing it?
I want to see how my 184' looks beside him.:evil:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
show

At least we'll be able to see your 184" at the show. Oh, and if the Ferguson buck is there (which it won't be), yours will look small next to it.

Sam, you're right, there were DNR people saying that the rack was going to be confiscated.

Eric

·
Registered
24 Posts
lawman not starting bs just heard that statement sounds like dnr officers need to get on the same page? maybe thats the bs that needs to be fixed ?????ignorance is no excuse i think i've heard that somewhere!

i don't like the thought of this deer being illegal

it truely is an awesome buck for the hunter and the state

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Still did not answer the question. What Officer, what county? When we have questions we call the Officer assigned to that particular area. In this case....it is my county. Any questions give us a call , there are 3 of us assigned here and I can assure you we are all on the same page.
Joel Arthur
Bryan Knoy
David Reese
(812)837-9536

·
Registered
24 Posts
madison county, dave is all i know and it was heard in an archery shop there in madison county you would think all officers would have the same info being we all live by the same laws not being an a hole just feel like you are attacking something i heard from one of your fellow officers this fellow isn't very friendly probably setting myself up to be harrassed

·
Registered
265 Posts
With all the mystery surrounding the Morgantown Buck....will that increase or decrease the VALUE of the story when it is SOLD?

Whats known so far.....

The deer was NOT checked in by the successfull hunter

The fella that did have time to transport the "RECORD CALLIBER" deer to the check station, had ALREADY checked in a buck deer in his name during the 2005 deer season

The fella that checked the deer agreed to wear a "Outdoorsman" hat for the photo opportunity

It all may very well be a "staged" event. Build a mystery into the record deer and jack up the price for the "real story".

The "mystery" was staged from the very first post that hit the internet about this deer.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
GOOD JOB DNR KEEP THE STORY STRAIGHT :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
what story?

What story? That's why all the bs is still going on. Sure would be nice to see it exposed in some form other than this stuff, it would be good for Indiana. I think a lot of people's patience have worn thin. Maybe it is just all about money.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
HuntinIN said:
What story? That's why all the bs is still going on. Sure would be nice to see it exposed in some form other than this stuff, it would be good for Indiana. I think a lot of people's patience have worn thin. Maybe it is just all about money.
About now...many of us have lost interest...

·
Registered
213 Posts
HuntinIN said:
........... Maybe it is just all about money.
Isn't it just sad that deer hunting has come to "just all about money"?

If we cant do some inner soul searching after this Jimmy Houston thing we need to examine our motives for deer hunting.

The days of just going deer hunting for fun is rapidly coming to a close. it is getting more and more about who can kill the biggest, get their name in some book and maybe make some money in the process.

Truly sad and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo Possum

·
Registered
257 Posts
Morgan County Buck

I couldn't agree more. There are so many guys out there that are taking the fun out of this activity. For some guys/gals it is all about heads/antlers.

Maybe the guy that shot this buck doesn't want to share his success with the world. Maybe he is a private kind of guy. No need to try and make more of this situation than is factually correct. Stop the speculation. This story may never be published.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts