close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moultrie's Game Spy 200 ??

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by BowHunter007, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Hey all, I was wondering if anyone out there has tried this model of game camera. I'm looking to upgrade from a film camera that has a very slow shutter speed. I watched a coyote trot past my camera and a group of deer run by and when I got the film developed none of those pictures were on there. So, I'm looking for something with a faster shutter speed and was wondering how fast this one is, everything else looks good with it. I like how it shows the temp and moon phase on every picture. Any info is apprectiated, thanks.

2. I paid around $175 for mine off ebay a while back....for that price I love it. I just can't bring myself to spend $350+ on a game cameara...

Here a few pics showing the detail. It doesn't have the quickes trigger speed either, but not bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also bought a rechargeable lantern batter for it, and at full charge it can stay out there for over a month! At the settings of the above pictures, I can get about 120 pictures on the internal memory....that's not bad.

One thing I did do is add a few "U" bolts and silicone them in well so I had atleast some method to lock the thing. Bought a decent flexible lock to hopefully deter a possible thief.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I also have one that my wife and daughter bought me last christmas. I think they got it at gander mtn for $150.

It takes good pictures and I do like the fact that the memory card is the same one I use in my kodak camera, so i can just take the camera with me, but the card into the camera and copy the pictures right then, or deleat the ones I don't like.

Make sure you face the camrea away from the sun and quartering to the trails that you what to shot.

I don't care for the distance that the infored sencor picks up though. It is suppose to reach 30 ft. and I don't think mine gos more then 20 ft. I have some where around 100 plus pictures of bucks from mine just this year. Over all for the price it bets the heck out of film!

4. Yah, the string thing is sort of cheap, but ok if it is close to home, I would lock it up if I put it out somewhere else!

Good Idea.