close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muscatatuck Hunts....

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Duckz-N-Buckz30, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Anyone have much to show for there efforts this year at Muscatatuck?

2. I got drawn for two and due to work and other commitments I could not go. I fully intended to go this year.

3. I live within 15 miles of there, maybe we can hook up next year if one of us gets drawn..

Also seen your are a waterfowler, let me know if you ever want to come down south...

4. I've gotten drawn for Muscatatuck every year for the past 4 years and every year something comes up and I can't go. I did go down about three years ago and scout it. Then work got in the way and I could not hunt it. Next year I know who to call.

This year it was work related one time and then I was supposed to hunt it this past Sunday, but my daughters had a church Christmas play they were in and I could not (actually would not) miss it.

Yes, I love to waterfowl hunt. Mostly geese in fields. I bet we could tie the two together next year.:coolgleam

5. Definitely get together man...

I am off until the 2nd and plan on going down to the Patoka for 2-3 days next week for some Duckz-N-Geezez. Lot of birds down there right now.

6. Hunted first Wednesday saw three deer 300 yards going across a weed field. I have hunted the area for the last 10 years and my experience is that the first few days are ok and after that it is difficult to harvest a deer. Like gun season most places. I have heard that they have more hunters now. I don't know if it right but I heard 140 hunters per day. That seems like too many to me. They get pushed into nonhunting areas and go nocturnal. Most of the deer I see after the first few days are one that are pushed or shot at by other hunters.

7. i got drawed there this year for 12-23 for muzzleload. didnt see anything till 5:30. got to be out at 6. trust me, be out AT 6, or your locked in as we were.:help: we had to wait at the gate for 2 hours. you have to call the state cops to come let you out, and they were on I-65 doing a major crash clean up. seen all kinds of deer up by the offices.:cheeky-sm luckily the receptionist at the office came back to send some e-mails or we would have gotten a trespassing ticket for being on state property after hours.
    dont think we will be back, WAY to much pressure unless u like walking LONG time. 2 guys we talked to,hunt there every weekend. those deer KNOW protected areas:coolgleam