close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mushroom hunter orange ?

Discussion in 'Questions about Indiana Hunting/Fishing Laws' started by dleslie217, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Any chance we could get get a law passed requiring mushroom hunters to wear hunter orange during Turkey season... at the very least promote a campaign to encourage the use of hunter orange for mushroom hunters during Turkey season? There seems to be an increase in the number of Turkey hunters and so increases the risk of an accidental shooting. I don't know if there have already been instances of this happening or not, but I feel it is just a matter of time. I'm not trying to inconvenience mushroom hunters, just trying to make sure the woods stay safe for everyone. I am an avid mushroom hunter also, when I am mushroom hunting during Turkey season, I have started wearing a orange hat. I don't want some over-anxious idiot mistaking me for a gobbler.

Doug

2. Sounds like a very good idea to me dleslie...I've heard, but do not know for fact, that in Illinois (I know James, Illinois...again!) mushroom hunting cannot take place until after 12:00 noon during the turkey season...anybody out there ever heard of this?

treehugger

3. At Pigeon River fish and game area you can't hunt mushrooms where folks are signed out for turkey hunting. ( There are some guys I'd suggest wear brown pants and blue or red shirts! ) ;)

4. When ever I hunt mushrooms at Mongo I try to wear my Orange hat or a orange vest. The only thing with that is some of the hunters still get mad and use loud voices and words. LIKE WHAT THE H _ _ _ are you doing, this is Turkey season and your not suppose to be here, I ought to just shoot you. That did happen a couple of years ago.

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I wouldn't go out into the woods or anywhere during an open season without an orange hat.

Is there such thing as "Turkey Fever"?

6. not a good idea

Probably not a good idea to mushroom hunt public ground open to turkey hunting during season. Actually, a really bad idea, it's dangerous enough to turkey hunt without having mushroom hunters there at the same time.

Eric

7. Turkey Fever, I think you get that from the after holiday season Butterballs that test positive for Salmonella.

8. Hello Randall!!!!

Illinois???????

9. Why dont we make the turkey hunters wear orange so the mushroom hunters can see them?????

10. You really are Hickory aren't you? :bash:

11. IF you are walking in same area that some one is turkey hunting they are not going to see any turkeys anyway Turkeys have damm good eye sight.GOBBLE GOBBLE

12. Let's just stuff the turkeys with mushrooms, and everyone can be happy!!

13. Stuff the wild turkeys that is, no point stuffing them into Dean.:yikes:

14. I agree with you on that....there is a saying "that if a turkey could smell, you would never kill one". What concerns me is some hunter, with not so good eyesight, taking a shot at a mushroom hunter because he has not made sure of his target. i have also had mushroom hunters "push" turkeys towards me. The turkeys were between me and the mushroom hunters. If I had not heard the mushroomers before the turkeys spooked ,and I had taken a shot, that would have left the mushroom hunters in my line of fire.

15. O.k.

Why don't you stuff it....Birdman??!!!! Mr. Dances with Birds!!!!:16suspect