close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muzzleloader?

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by tinyt, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Just wanted to see what you all are shooting for a muzzleloader or tips you have heard for what brand is a keeper. I recently have a CVA Optima and like it for the money but wanting a change. I'm looking for a accurate muzzleloader with knock down and I have been reading on the TC Omega or Encore Pro to see what details they have. What do you all think?:dizzy:

2. Savage 10ML-II, Smokeless powder, very accurate, clean and efficient.

3. I have a TC Omega and have been very impressed with it. I get 2.5" groups at 150yds with mine. The Omegas are a bit more accurate than the Encores due to the barrel length.. that's why the new Pro Hunters have the same length barrel as the Omega.

Never shot a Savage... But I hear that they're wonderful. If I didn't have my Omega.. I think that I'd give the Savage a try.

4. optima

Bought an Optima before christmas and will have my first chance to shoot it this weekend. How do you like the Optima?

5. To tell you the truth I love it. I have owned mine now for two years and have harvested, I believe five deer. It is a nice gun and very easy to clean. A good buddy of mine, Bronzeback, bought one before me and had me hooked instantly. He shot a doe at 192 yrds and the doe ran a big ten yards. The problem I ran into was lack of muzzleloaders in the family. It seems each year I get stuck without my gun because family is using it. So the nice guy I am gave it as a gift to my father which was pleased. Also now CVA has came out with the Elite which you can get different barrels with making it a universal firearm. Since I am without a muzzleloader til next fall I am wanting to try something new and exciting.

6. I have an Encore. I love it. Before it I had a CVA side lock cap and ball rifle that I made from a kit. It shot well.

I think if you want a gun that exciting, get an Encore. You can get just about any barrel you want for it. I just bought a 22-250 barrel for mine on ebay, paid $233.00. Where am I going to buy a quality 22-250 for 230 dollars? NOWHERE. Thats why I love my Encore so much. The possibilities are endless.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  7. [​IMG]
    Thompson Center Encore 209X50 Stainless

8. If I were in the market to buy a new ML I would get the Savage ML-II smokeless. The powder is cheaper....no clean-up. They produce some crazy high bullet speeds too.

I shot an H&R muzzleloader for $225 it is well worth the money and it is accurate. Those are my thoughts on this.

9. Remington 700

I HAVE A REMINGTON 700 STAINLESS. GOOD GUN, VERY ACCURATE, CRISP TRIGGER. THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS CLEANING. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE BOLT WHICH TAKES EXTRA TIME, AND YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE BOLT TOO.

I HAVE TO ADMIT I HAVE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED PURCHASING THE NEW T/C PRO HUNTER. I HAVING A HARD TIME RATIONALIZING THE $800 PRICE TAG WHEN WHAT I HAVE SHOOTS JUST AS WELL.

10. Quote:
    TC OMEGA .50 CAL. SS REALTREE HARDWOODS CAMO THUMBHOLE STOCK MUZZLELOADER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Ive got the reminton ML700. Super shooting gun, but as mentioned earlier taking the bolt out to clean is a pain sometimes. Other than that you couldnt ask for a better gun. I bought mine brand new for 150 bucks and feel its the best gun purchase i have ever made. If i were going to be on the market for a new gun it would be an OMEGA. My dad bought one of those last summer from a gander mountain and what they say about them is true. Right out of the box the iron sights are dead on at 100 yards. Pretty amazing easy to clean handles nicely and its a great shooter as well.

12. Does anyone, anywhere have anything bad to say about anything T/C has ever done? I have heard mixed reviews about just about everything related to hunting and fishing, so much of it is personal preference, but when it comes to Muzzleloaders, T/C seems to be Holy Grail...again, does anyone have ANYTHING bad to say about T/C...if the answer is no..i'm holding off buying thr CVA Pro Hunter I've been eyeing...and buying a T/C...

13. i shoot a T/C omega, black and blue. i wanted the stainless barrell, but i was just out of college when i bought it and low on $$$. it shoots great, the only thing i don't like about it is getting the breach plug out with a scope on. the wrench supplied always bangs into the scope when the breach plug breaks loose.

14. The ONLY thing I can think of on mine that I don't care for is the breech plug. With a scope on the gun it makes it a little more difficult to remove the plug with the wrench provided by T/C. I need to shop around for a longer one if T/C makes one or modify the one I have. With the Pro Hunter that problem is resolved with the easy remove breech plug.

15. Usally you can Buy a new gun for the Price of New barrel...may have changed some nowdays.....