close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My 2nd buck in 14 years LOL

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by dwh91102, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Hello fellas, first off I would like to say that this site is awesome, been hangin around for a few years, just never anything to post. Finally got a buck this morning about 10am. I usally just concentrate more on gettin meat, but this year I was waiting. This is the only the 6th deer I've seen this year, the first 5 were does I seen opening day. I've spent a lot of long boring days in my stand the last 2 weeks, but it paid off this morning. About 1/2 hr after daylight I can hear a rabbit dog running something around the edge of our land, so I was little ticked, and figured he was running some deer. Then about 1-1 1/2hrs later here comes a golden retriever right under my stand, now i'm hot :mad: So I yell at this dog....nothing he must have been stone deaf. I figured my day was over for sure, but I waited. Out of no where here he comes off to my left about 70 yards out, I was able to get turned around in my stand, and he was slowing, he was in perfect sneak postion. He finally stopped directly behind me about 50-60 yards out, and I took my shot, and he took off. I got down out of my stand to where he was standing, and not a drop of blood in site :banghead3 :coco: :yikes: I was about to cry, there was nothing but the pile of crap he left, and the leaves he tore up running away. I had watched where he run behind are pond, so I thought what the heck I'll check to see if hes over there hiding out, I get over there, and there he is laying in the weeds dead, he never lost a drop of blood untill he fell. Been a long dry spell for me, but this is the first year in a long time I could really deadicate some time to hunting. He's a 11pt, on his left side he has somewhat of a abnormal growth on his rack, and another point came out. I'll have to get a closer shot of it after its back from the taxidermist
    [​IMG]

2. Congratulations on a nice buck!

3. Nice buck, good story..... I like it that way! Congratulations.

4. Congratulations on a job well done!!! All the time hunting paid off...remember, if hunting was easy, EVERYBODY would do it!

5. Welcome to the site and a big CONGRATS!!! The waiting is the hardest part but it's worth it. Way to stay with it.

6. Congrats! Just goes to show that time put in is directly proportionate to results.

Ed

7. Congradulations on your hunt, tells well of how time and patients pays off.

8. Way to go, good buck and thanks for the picture. I think we all love to see those pictures.

9. Thanks alot fellas, i'm just waiting for muzzleloader to fill the freezer.

10. see patience is a vertue congradulations on a beautiful buck.

11. Just think of all the worlds problems you solved whilst being out on the stand!

Congratulations and welcome to the site!