close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My gift from Santa

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by 410, Dec 14, 2006.

1. With Xmas right around the corner. What would you like from Santa for hunting or fishing?
    Me I would like just one thing a rangefinder. Not just any rangefinder but a Leupold Wind River with true ballistic range or a NIKON D. Monarch Gold Laser 1200 in a Realtree Hardwoods Green HD. Now I ask you this not asking to much, IS IT?:banghead3 What would you like?

2. TC Encore Pro Hunter...not gonna happen...but if there is a Santa...

3. I'd like a big taxidermy bill.

I'd also like Santa to bring some good ice this year (maybe something to make holes in that ice, with an 8" diameter)...Tuck and I have some walleye's to pull out of Warsaw.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2006
  4. I'd like Santa to deliver that big 10 pointer that is hanging out near my house. All I need is just one more crack at that bruiser ... just one more crack at him!

No gear needed ... just that big back yard 10.:cool:

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I want peace on Earth and good will toward men.

If I can't have that, I want a 28 gauge O/U shotgun

If I can't have that, I'll take whatever is under the tree: EMT gel--silk glove liners---Smart socks---and whatever Santa decides to get me.

I've been a good boy.

6. I would like a good spot to hunt next year.....even if i got to lease it. So i'm really not asking for much.

7. Dear Santa,

Please give me a spring Black Bear hunt in Canada in 2007. I also want to kill my first Turkey in the spring of 2007, heck make it a bow kill at that. Bring me a nice Muskie fishing trip so I can show that I really can catch one of those toothy critters :banghead3 . Bring a nice P&Y buck my way in 2007 since I froze up on the chance I had in 2006...:bonk: BUCK FEVER LIVES! Heck that's all I'm asking for, if I get none of it, I'm still happy!!!

8. We've all seen the jokes you post, Cary. You haven't been that good of a boy!!

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

If you could see the jokes I don't post, you'd realize just how good a boy I really am.

10. You'll shoot your eye out.

11. Dear Santa,
    All I want for Christmas is for Indiana to keep the OBR going.
    Thanks, Giz

12. The deed to about 400 acres of prime hunting ground would be nice...but I'll settle for a Fish Trap Scout shanty.

13. Range Finder Myths

JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE "TRUE BALLISTIC" FEATURES ON THE NEW RANGE FINDERS. I'M NOT SAYING I'M AN EXPERT BUT I AM A SURVEYOR AND THE "TRUE BALLISTIC FEATURE " WON'T REALLY HELP HERE IN SOUTHERN INDIANA. YOU NEED TO HAVE SOME EXTREME VERTICAL CHANGE(200-300) FEET OVER A LONG DISTANCE(300-500) YARDS TO GET THE REAL BENIFITS OF THIS FEATURE. AT LEAST WHERE I HUNT IN THE WOODS OF SOUTHERN INDIANA 200 YARD SHOTS ARE RARE, REALLY RARE WHEN YOUR IN THE WOODS. I CAN SEE THIS FEATURE BEING VERY USFUL IF YOUR OUT WEST OR IN CANADA NWT HUNTING IN THE MOUNTAINS. IF IT WAS ME, I STICK TO A SIMPLE RANGE FINDER WITHOUT THE "TRUE BALLISTIC" FEATURE.:dizzy:

14. The winning Powerball ticket...........:bouncy: . My wife and family know my wants and needs well enough to surprise me with something I'll like. (I think I've dropped enough hints for them to know about the O/U 12 gauge I look at everytime I'm in Gander).

15. Hopefully i'll be getting a new Trail Cam, Stealth Cam preferably, some new insulated rubber boots, and some other gear.