close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help with some recipes

Discussion in 'Indiana Small Game Hunting' started by 410, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Need some help gang with some recipes. On Feb 4th our church is having a Super Bowl Party and a wild game cook out. We will be have rabbit, squirrel, deer burgers, deer steaks, smoked fish, fried fish. Tell me your favorite recipe.:help: :help: :help:

2. cold rub a deer steak with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and a little bit of cumin

refridgerate if possible, but you dont have to....

Drizzle with olive oil, and grill that bad boy up!!!

3. pan fried lemon pepper fish---with a twist....

1 tab butter
    1/4 cup lemon juice ---- heat in a pan

when butter is melted, and pan is hot, drop in your fish fillets lightly covered in flour or cornmeal, wichever you prefer, sprinkle with pepper, and a little rosemary....MMMMMMMMM

this is prolly my favorite way to have fish....that rosemary...WOOO...yum

4. Bill, i made BBQ deer for sandwiches not that long ago and it turned out really well, is that something you might be able to use...

5. I call this the "Grossman". Skin and quarter one pretty-boy QB that does a little dance and throws INT's every time he is pressured. Throw into a fire called the COLTS!!! Serve well-done.

6. Pan seared/roasted tenderloin cubes. If you have thick cubes of the backstraps off this years deer here is the correct way to cook them.

I cut my tenderloins so they come out look like blocks and not like flat steaks. I then cut those blocks in half and have what I call chunks. Start a frying pan with some rosemary shoots in olive oil and get that oil around 350-400 and then sear a single side of the cubes. Leave them there to sear for 4-6 minutes. When you look at it should look almost crusted black.. From there take the entire skillet and place it in an oven at 450 let them roast in there for 10-15 minutes. They should be medium done when finished. ummm good! serve with grean beans and fresh corn bread. Yeah momma.

7. That's one I wouldn't have thought of. Here I thought 410 ate about anything. How do rate? No crow shortages around here.

8. 'Bout like chicken nuggets... only not as nasty. ;) At least you know what the meat is.

As long as you clean them the way described, Crow is really pretty good, and the breasts are a perfect handy size.

9. For folks that may not like wild tasting food - I'd flour, salt and pepper the rabbits and squirrels, brown them, add some mushroom soup and slow bake in a covered pan or crock-pot until its falling off the bone.
    That or cook, bone and put barbeque sauce on it - makes great sloppy joe sandwiches.

Smoked fish blended up with some cream cheese, garlic salt, onion salt, then rolled in some nuts makes a great cheese ball. your folks would eat that up with some crackers :corkysm55

10. Take squirrel legs, boil, strip (shred) the meat into 1" long shreds (like pulled pork) then heat in BBQ sauce until gooey.

Noone will know it ain't pulled pork...

11. Unless they Bite Down on some Buckshot...;) ;) ;)

12. Naah. That's why I use either the .22 or .38 Levergun... ;)

14. Cumin is a spice you can identify by the expression on the chef's face.:eek: