close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need some computer help!

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by goggleye57, Oct 10, 2006.

1. I have been getting a message on the screen that says- Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services - inside it says- Generic Host process for Win 32 services needs to close. After that notification my internet connection freezes up to my access but it still seems to be connected. The screen icon for connecting to my dial up won't work and the connection is stuck on with no access to it. I have to restart the computer to break the connection and start over? Any advice?:dizzy:

2. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

My best guess is you are using microsoft xp with service pack2. This message can be a few diff. problems so i cant tell you directly what to do cause we may further the problem. I can almost assure you that you need a patch or an update on your current operating system. I would go to the microsft website and tell them whats happening and they should be able to help you out. One other thing is you may have some malware that is stopping you from searching, if you are familliar, you can go into your system by hitting control alt delete, go into task manager and see what your cpu usage is. There may be something running at 90 percent. But once again dont delete it if you dont know what it is, it may make it worse. One more thing if you ever run accross a mesage that says (encounterd a problem) and asks would you like to send it to microsoft. I would recomend you do so, because that usually means that a program has sensed you need an update of somekind and will send you the link that just takes a few minutes to download. Hope this helps, Seabee

3. Thanks for the input! I haven't had much time in the last day or two to do much with the computer. I hooked up to microsoft update and got some downloading done. We'll see if it helps.