Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw in the paper they will be breaking ground on a new bass pro shop at Portage in April or '06.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
I just hope it's far enough from Ft. Wayne that's it's too long of a drive...I can't afford it. If they ever get one closer to the Fort, I'm borke.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Can't wait. I live about 20 min. away from there and they actually started to build something in the area where the store will be. There is actually going to be a Cabelas not far from BPS too. Cabelas wont be done that soon. I think I am going need to work there just to feed my "habit".;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, it is a done deal. I live in Portage, about 5 mins. away from where Bass Pro is going to be built, and it is said that ground will break the first of April 2006, and completion will be in November of 2006. I would have thought that they would start a little sooner to be open for the entire Indiana hunting season, but I guess it took a little longer to sort out the details. I can see it now, I am going to have to live at work, just to pay for my Bass Pro addiction.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hollywood said:
Yeah, it is a done deal. I live in Portage, about 5 mins. away from where Bass Pro is going to be built, and it is said that ground will break the first of April 2006, and completion will be in November of 2006. I would have thought that they would start a little sooner to be open for the entire Indiana hunting season, but I guess it took a little longer to sort out the details. I can see it now, I am going to have to live at work, just to pay for my Bass Pro addiction.
YOU should have plenty of money since you gave up NASCAR.The sport will miss you. EVERTHING in BASS PRO made in U S A .LoL....:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Up by the Indiana dunes on lake Michigan by the river and you can rent boats and test dive them.
The bad news it will open in the middle of November.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wish they would open a Bass Pro and Cabelas around Indianapolis. I get tired of waiting 4 days for internet orders. Gander Mnt. is alright, but the selection at the other places is better.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Thanks Kodiak, I hope than open soon, just need to look around and yes I will buy something I don't need.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts