close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEw Bird Dog Troubles

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by JMBfishing2008, Aug 9, 2005.

1. I know someone who has good hunting dogs for me and my dad to use when we go pheasant hunting in northern indiana and iowa. But there is only one problem my mom won't let use get one she says she is to busy. Got any ideas on how to sway here ways and convince her to let use have the dog????

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Hmmm. If she says she's too busy for a dog....that means she thinks she's going to be taking care of it all the time. You have to convince her you'll be the one in charge...which isn't easy.

Also, you have to determine if it's going to be a house dog our you're going to kennel it outside. My Brittany is a house dog who hunts, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also, not only are dogs a big responsibility, they're expensive. My dog just spent two days in the Vet hosipital over the weekend and I got a bill for 797.00. She's worth it but they're costly. Also, remember, off-season is longer than on-season. You'll be taking care of the dog more when it's not hunting. For me hunting starts in Sept. and ends in Jan. That's 5 months...and most people don't hunt as long.

What kind of dog do your friends have?

3. my friends have dogs that are half brittany and half english setter. I told my mom the dog would stay in the kennel but she still won't have. ill try some of your ideas and let you know how it when. THanks

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

That sounds like a neat combination. Hope it all works out...if not, when you're older and on your own, you can do what you want.