close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Bow

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by JMBfishing2008, May 12, 2007.

1. I am in the market for a new compound bow, i currently have a Fred Bear and i want to upgrade it, what bow do you use and what are some good ones to look for... i am looking at PSE and Reflex as of now... Any other good choices????

2. Theres a thread called "Latest addition to my family" in the bowhunting forum you should check out. I just bought Mission X3 series a few months back and all the specs plus a few pics are in that thread. It is a sick bow. Butter smooth, fast and ridiculously quiet. Tmarsh can vouch for it, he's shot it a couple times. I payed 339 dollars for it bare. IBO is 315 fps. I shot a couple 600 dollar PSE's and this bow was smoother and quieter than both of em. I shot probably 10 or 11 bows before i settled on this one. if you have any questions about it send me a PM, i'll help if i can.
    http://www.missionarchery.com/

3. Consider this an official "vouche" i was there when he shot all those other bows, I heard the other bows, i watched the other bows...do yourself a favor, shoot a mission, and say...yeah...ok...this one...

If i ever get a real job, where they pay big boy money...Trent is getting a mission...i don't care if it means i am a follower, that is the nicest bow I have ever shot...

4. It all depends on what you wanna spend. I personally like Bowtech. I've shot them all in the past five months. Hoyt's are nice, Matthews are nice CSS are nice Browning is nice and on and on. Shoot a ton of 'em and the question will answer itself. Bear's new bow is also a very nice bow.

5. See what the winners are shooting

Results 2003 thru 2006

Hoyt 67
    Mathews 35
    PSE 6
    Martin 4
    Other 1

NFAA tournament results State & Nationals

Might help someone decide on which kind of Bow to buy

6. The bandwagon approach.... or the realistic approach.... you decide.

7. I'll tell ya again, go shoot 'em. Don't look at price or pay attention to the name. I shot 23 different bows in the last month, More than once. I ended up with the one that fit me best. Name isn't important - comfort is.

8. Good advice...that's the approach I took to finding a fiance...haha...:hide:

9. OMG - Does she read your smut Tyler???????

10. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Must have come from the Hoyt website!.......im not a follower,"catch us if you can"

11. Shoot as many bows as you can to narrow it down....when i was in the market this last time I was thinking Bowtech,Hoyt and Matthews, chose the one that felt best to me and had what I wanted. You can save by using the same sight, rest ,stabilizer arrows etc. Some bow shops charge a small fee for putting on another stores stuff, but I do not see a problem with that. Good luck and have fun,it is supposed to be fun.......
    Solohunter

12. DETERMINE WHAT YOUR BUDGET IS AND THEN LOOK AT ALL BOWS UP TO THAT LIMIT. MOST OF THE MAJOR MANUFACTURE`S MAKE A GOOD BOW, GET THE BEST BOW THAT YOU CAN FOR YOUR MONEY, YOU`LL BE GLAD YOU DID. PERSONALLY MY LAST TWO BOWS HAVE BEEN MATHEWS AND I HAVE BEEN PLEASED WITH THEIR PREFORMANCE.

13. I think "Mission" is made by Mathews, also I've heard a lot of good things about the new Bear bows.

14. Mission is in fact made my Mathews...GOOOOOOOD STUFF....

15. Lots of good advise here. Buy a bow that you can afford and be happy with. The Hoyt's are nice but they've never been comfortable in my hand, same with PSE, I've had several bows over the years and a Mathews UltraII since 99, I'm on my third string and its still as smooth and fast as it ever was. Look around and find one thats comfortable to you, also remember that the shorter the axle to axle length, the less forgiving it is. Bows are getting really radical and fast these days. The rest you choose is important also, if you are strictly hunting, check out the whisker biscuit, if you shoot alot and hunt, I'd try a fall away rest. Good Luck and Good hunting JMB