close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Just heard from the breeder I'm getting my pup from...his Missy just had a litter of 10, 7 of which are females...I'm pick number 5. Can't wait. June 24th.

Only drawback, I'm coming home from Canada (about a 15 hr. drive) on the 24th...got to turn around the next day and drive to Storm Lake, Iowa to pick up the pup...12 hours....going to be a rough two days.

2. Fun times ahead

Cary, I'm sure the anticipation of the new pup will take a lot of sting out of that 12 hr drive. I remember counting down the days to go pick out my last pup, and all the days that follow. And she'll still have that new bird dog smell (which is far better than an old bird dog smell)! Enjoy.

3. Hello Cary, songrats on the new pup. It was not that long ago( six months) that I went a nad picked up my Rufus. Hopefully in about another six months I will pick up his girl friend. Afteryou pick em up its all fun........;) Craig

4. (Only drawback) Just keep thinking of the up side. ;)

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

You're right..and my wife will do most of the driving...thinking about picking up the new pup will make the drive there go quicker....and the drive home....all puppy breath.

6. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Just got back from Iowa...10 1/2 hours out there, 11 1/2 back.. she slept most of the time in my wife's lap. Tried to put in in the kennel in the back seat. You would have thought someone was beating her...crying and whining. She's almost 8 weeks old...smaller than you can belelive...cute as the devil....pictures tomorrow.

Nothing like a new pup....she'll be howling tonight because it's the first night away from the litter....so probably not much sleep.

Later, Cary

I've got to get some sleep

7. Nothing like bringing home the "new baby".;)

8. :gaga: How's the baby doing.

all right i hope. :chillin:

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

A rare quiet moment

[​IMG]

10. How's that Puppy Breath treating you Cary?

11. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Dean,

Great so far. Haven't got too much sleep but that's to be expected...Megs and Kate are getting along pretty good so far....Kate tried to nurse once...Not good, but Megs is tolerating the pup ok.

If I have to say, "No" one more time, I'm going to go crazy.

Later

Cary

12. No sweat Cary...

only another 2000 "NO"s to go, more or less!!

13. Maybe next year i will get a new baby just like your's. :)