close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New rod and reel

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ccavacini, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Yeh, like I need another rod and reel...was looking for a new baitcasting reel to replace an old one and ran into a sweet deal at Cabela's:

A Quantum Accurist AC500CX was on sale for 74 bucks...and a free rod comes with it, a Quantum IM 8 tour classic. Didn't need the rod, but it's a medium/heavy, which I don't have, so I think it will be a good combination.

Let's see, right now I carry 2 fly rods, 5 spinning rods, and 2 baitcasting rods in my boat...what's another one?

Am I nuts or what?

p.s. Cabela's knows me by my first name. I've gotta get help.

2. You can never have enough equipment with you...you just never know what/when you will need it. You always have to be prepared...I threw my back out last summer lifting my tackle box into the boat...I need all those lures even though when I go fishing I throw the same one all day long!!! :cool:

3. Congrats on the new rod Cary. Nothing beats that new rod smell. How's the little tike doing? Getting along with the other rods?
    Will you be passing out cigars to us?

4. you can never have enough rods. enjoy and dont let none of those monster fish in George pull it out of your hands.

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Hasn't come yet, but I feel a fight brewing. Spinning rods just don't like baitcasting rods....Shimanos just don't like Quantums..I'll have to have my boat on lockdown and post a curfew.

6. Always room for another rod and reel, besides.......

Ah yes Cary, The age old trouble between man and his yearning for another fishing rod and reel, and the apparent backlash with MOTHER. I'm not married, so I really don't know whereof I speak,so here goes nothing. (Make sure Mrs. Cav isn't looking over your shoulder on this one)......

When she gives you the glare, just point out to her all of the "needless" items that she has in her closet that never get worn anylonger. Let's face it, those fishin' rods get used brother. And, point out to her all the shoes she has also. I mean, how often does she wear those things. After you get done pointing out to her all the pointless items she has then I'm sure she'll see it your way, bud.

And, then you might as well give her Cabela's card, and sign the papers that I'm sure will be coming in the mail soon......Oh well, at least you'll have more time to go fishin' though. Maybe she'll even let you park up at your old place on George too.

7. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

8. CC,
    Letting her fish the hand-me downs....your genius borders on evil, but I repect that.

9. I agree with Cav. If I had a different rod for every pair of shoes or purse she has she would need to put her shoes and purses in a different closet!

10. Unfortunately, this doesn't work most of the time. The reason it doesn't work is because women never use LOGIC in their arguments. Only been married five years and figured that one out!

11. Unfortunately, this doesn't work most of the time. The reason it doesn't work is because women never use LOGIC in their arguments. Only been married five years and figured that one out![/QUOTE]

You are wise beyond your years (of marriage) James!!! 17 1/2 years on the docket for me my friend...It's been the best 15 years of my life. :bonk:

12. You would Quail, because I've come to realize that you indeed are the :evilsmile !!! Die Quail, Die!!!!!!:dizzy:

13. They don't need logic when they have the magic_________________!!!:hide:

14. ccavacini good choice: the first thing I would do is throw rod and reel in water so it smells like fish. HA!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2006
  15. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I did that last year when I lost a St. Croix Avid and a Shimano Sedona over the side...lost my sense of humor for a couple of hours.

Sorry, 410, first time around, I hit the wrong button.

Cary