Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

New state and world record non typical?

9K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  Kentucky/ Indiana hunter 
#1 ·
Anyone heard about the new potential indiana and world record non typical killed in huntington co on opening day of the 2012 firearms season? Ive heard boone and crocket has confirmed they have been notified about this deer and are in the process of validating it! It scored 309 by one scorer and around 306 non typical by another! Natural material Branch Wood Organism Terrestrial plant

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh boy... Ok fellow hunters prepare your selves for higher lease rates and the super rich sucking up all the good hunting land. More tv shows and outfitters... On a lighter note can you imagine shooting a deer like that.. the quest for old mossy tines would end.. cause you would never shoot a deer like it again.. I think I would be in a padded room after dropping the hammer on that one. Wow...:eek: that hunter has sealed his name in the books forever..way to go..... The quest will never stop for giant bucks because we all dream of taking a monster like that, I think Indiana has been under rated for years and this proves giant bucks do exist around our homes and haunts.. I guess ya never know whats out there lurking. That's what all drives us to do what we do.. Hoosier land is just as good as any other state on deer...we just need to be patient pass small bucks and take only mature ones and in a couple years we might break this record... QDMA... God bless guys and gals. And remember be careful out there..so we can enjoy this wonderful sport another day..

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#9 ·
I think its big dont get me wrong. I just can't see 300" of antler in it. Maybe because 300" so far out of the realm of possibilities in my mind. I can't even imagine it. I hope the hunter chooses not to put it in the books and remains silent about it. Like mentioned above that will fuel the fire of this states leasing agents. You think 10 bucks an acre is expensive wait till its 100 or more.
No doubt its a big sone of a gun, and congrats are in order to the deer for getting that big in the first place in a state like Indiana. I have read it came from an unhunted sanctuary and crossed into a huntable area and got popped. I dont know if thats true or not as rumors will fly about this thing for the next 4-5 years.

#20 ·
We will be ok.....:) the public land probably not so, if I was IDNR I would be making it a limited hunter access area.

Who really believes another deer of this caliber will come from that specific area of Indiana:bonk:

Indiana should and will enjoy the limelight for a few years until the next moster buck is killed.

The buck is a freak of nature, a natural freak, congrats to the hunter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.