Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bonk: i live in southeastern Ind. and travel each fall(late sept.,early oct.)to St.Joe R. in michigan for stealhead & salmon. this year i would like to try out Ind. waters. Can anyone give me some tips(average good dates, places,etc.)? I should clarify that I prefer spots for wading, thanks.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
South Bend is where I am from There is some good gravel flats threw town The main park downtown is wading only When its hot all depends on mother nature They come along way to get here Usually 2nd or 3rd week in Oct is peak for coho few weeks later for kings give or take a week or 2 Bring plenty of line

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the south bend info. I'm really wondering about Trail creek, and maybe Burns ditch?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Same way with Trail Creek But a week before they get to South Bend Trail Creek has several Public Access sites Easy to find Wading at all of them is OK Infact wading gets you in better position than bank guys And there will be lots of bank guys Trail Creek is awesome place to go You will see so many fish it will drive you nuts No info on Burns Ditch

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Lots and lots of snags though But thats where the fish hide Again bring plenty of line You will need it for Trail Creek

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I'm wanting to hear!(lots of fish) I've had very slow luck the past few years in michigan. Can you tell an average daily catch?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Mother Nature can either kick you in the but or fill your cooler If you are hear at the right time average daily catch is as many as your arm can take Trail Creek is just that a CREEK If sight fishing is what you like then that is the place Once again it all depends on mother nature I have seen it good there in Sept sometimes it takes till the middle of Oct But when they start to move up its as many as your arm can take I can give you my # and you can call before you drive and get it timed out But that is also Notre Dame football so Motels are tough to get without reservations

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info. I would like to have your #. i won't bother you till things start seeming right for fishing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts