close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to site just wanted to hey y'all

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by bigling97, Aug 18, 2005.

1. I'm new to the site and so far I really like what I see. I want to fish this weekend on the St. Joe in Mishawauka by the HUmmer plant I have a boat and was looking for some advice on smallies and largemouth. If anybody has any ideas please don't be shy I am new to this body of water and am looking to bring my 7yr old with and make a real nice day of it. Thanks alot.

2. I don't know about the fishing there but welcome to the Indiana Sportsman!:)

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

4. Ever try going below Century Center and down? If you put your boat in at Darden Rd. bridge and go upto the dam. Then just float back and you will catch more than you know what to do with. River is alot different than what is by the hummer plant. Dont see any large mouth but smallies can be caught everywhere. Try casting shad raps all the way down. Hit the bank with each cast. Thats where the will be searching for crawdads. If you get some crayfish before you go rig them up on bottom and fish all the holes. Was out on Tuesday from 1 till around 6 and 2 of us caught around 35 fish. Caught 2 nice walleyes also. The good part about that stretch is there is hardly any other boat traffic. No pleasure boaters at all. I will probaly be out there this weekend. Look for the camo boat and that is me. Shad raps are deadly there. Get the 2 inch SR5's. River is a nasty B#### there and she will take your lures. Make sure to bring plenty. She has no mercy for $$$ spent on lures. But you will catch lots of fish. Will be looking for you, yell at me if you see the camo. Check out my pic gallery all those came from the St Joe below century center dam and down.

5. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

Welcome, hope you enjoy it.