Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

I’ve always had an interest in hunting whitetail growing up, as my dad has always been an avid hunter. After high school, I joined the Marine Corps and had been away for awhile. Got out after my enlistment and keep telling myself that I’m going to get into hunting and this year is finally the year I’m going to pull the trigger on it. My father has some land that we hunt on and I’d like some help verifying that I’m reading the license requirements correctly. I’m planning to hunt on his land in St. Joseph County with my 12ga slug gun. To my understanding, I need a deer firearms license to be able to hunt during the firearms season, but this only allows me to harvest an antlered deer. In the case I come across a doe, I need to purchase a bonus antlerless deer license for St. Joseph County also. My biggest question, is it required that I use up the firearms license antlered tag first before I move on to the bonus antlerless, or am I able to harvest either an antlerless or antlered deer first. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row first before I go out. Any help would be great, thank you. Good luck fellow hunters.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good morning everyone,

I’ve always had an interest in hunting whitetail growing up, as my dad has always been an avid hunter. After high school, I joined the Marine Corps and had been away for awhile. Got out after my enlistment and keep telling myself that I’m going to get into hunting and this year is finally the year I’m going to pull the trigger on it. My father has some land that we hunt on and I’d like some help verifying that I’m reading the license requirements correctly. I’m planning to hunt on his land in St. Joseph County with my 12ga slug gun. To my understanding, I need a deer firearms license to be able to hunt during the firearms season, but this only allows me to harvest an antlered deer. In the case I come across a doe, I need to purchase a bonus antlerless deer license for St. Joseph County also. My biggest question, is it required that I use up the firearms license antlered tag first before I move on to the bonus antlerless, or am I able to harvest either an antlerless or antlered deer first. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row first before I go out. Any help would be great, thank you. Good luck fellow hunters.
Welcome to the site, good luck out there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a non resident and hope you guys can help point me in the right direction of which license to get, its my first time deer hunting. Posting here because this seems mostly the type of information I need. Any and all suggestions and information is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went online and printed off a copy of the Hunting and Trapping seasons a few months ago. That page is hanging at my desk and reads the Special Antlerless firearm season is 12/26/21-1/2/22.
While looking at the copy online now, it says the Special Antlerless is cancelled statewide this year. Glad I took another look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good morning everyone,

You are going to spend a little more than $50 for those two licenses or you could buy the bundle for $65 plus the online fees. And be able to take three deer one being a buck or three does. You will be able to use archery, firearm, or muzzleloader to extend your hunting season.

I went online and printed off a copy of the Hunting and Trapping seasons a few months ago. That page is hanging at my desk and reads the Special Antlerless firearm season is 12/26/21-1/2/22.
While looking at the copy online now, it says the Special Antlerless is cancelled statewide this year. Glad I took another look.
Yes we can still get the Bonus Antlerless License but there is no special season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts