close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New world typical record??

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by BREWERSVILLE OUTFITTERS, Mar 7, 2007.

1. New world typical record??

This buck was taken in Wisconsin last season and supposedly scores out at 214 2/8 net.

The main beam was broken getting the deer out and the B & C has been said to honor it if all the pieces are there.

Details are developing[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Anyone Know If This is TRUE?????...It came Off another Site!!!!!

3. Doesn't look like 214 inches of bone to me...but thats just IMO...

4. thats a stud, i'm with marsh, i dont think its 214 but its a stud...
    is that tim mcgraw holding the rack??

5. I don't see how they could legitimize it, without jeopardizing the integrity of the process, if the rack was separated from the skull plate since the inside spread is part of the calculation. Heck of a rack.

6. I don't know men but with all that MASS, good width, and good tine length, I could making it to 200+. Mass is where a good deer can become a great deer.

7. No, I think it's Gallagher with a haircut and hair implants.

8. The deer is a 6X7...so right there are some major deductions.....plus it isn't very symetrical. I would be suprised is this deer goes over 185 net. Hell of a buck though! my $00.02 I am with Tree on this....no way B&C would accept it. If they do every crooked SOB will be busting mainbeams off and try to replace them.

9. dont care if it was an honest mistake i dont think they should take it because of future deer

10. Looks like a 6x6 to me...the one is to small to count has to be 1 inch long....really I dont see 214 either.The spread will be the big hang up!!!

11. yeah, but that thing is full of deductions, like mainbeam said. Look at the G3...there is prolly close to 3 inches of deductions just there.

It may well gross 214...it won't net it...

12. Looks a lot like one I seen on the hoof a few years back.... Looks to gross in the 200's for sure, maybe a net 200" typical?:yikes:

13. I think your fooling yourselves. I would say the G1, G2, G3, & G4 average 10" each, granted the G3 is short, but the others are over 10" except maybe the brows. With a 20" inside and 27" beams we are looking at 165" or so. Now add in about 40" of mass at your around 205. I think the mass may be larger than that on average due to the closeness between points. 214, might just do it.

14. I agree with Scott and D&B I don't think the low guesstimates are close. Tine Length and Mass make a lot more difference than spread or a few inches of deductions.

15. Not my info, but its the same deer, so here it is...

This trophy was just evaluated this past weekend, by the Director of Big Game Records (Jack Reneau) and the Pope & Young Club’s Records Chairman (Glenn Hisey). It’s not a P&Y trophy, but Mr. Hisey was on hand and his opinion is also very respected, of course. The broken main beam fit back together perfectly, so it was ruled eligible to be scored.

However, the point that some are wanting to call the G-3 on the right antler was ruled abnormal. This was an opinion shared unanimously by those measurers present (over 20). This, by rule, also makes the similar point on the left antler (now unmatched) also an abnormal point (called a non-symmetry point). Hope this helps. Very, very impressive deer.