close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

no deer

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by buckmaster, Oct 10, 2006.

1. just one question how many people seen more than two deer. thee deer i do see i cant shoot

2. Deer

We have actually seen some pretty good 140 class Bucks this year. One has been shot at and missed. The Does are not plentiful yet though.

3. i've only seen a couple. i just moved my spot for now. the other place seemed to be infested with cyotes. i put the smack down on one. the 4 times i hunted there i averaged seeing 3 to 4 cyotes every afternoon.

4. Saturday, I saw 26 different deer from stand. 4 different racked bucks. I passed on three shots.

5. Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you! I aint seen Sh*t!

6. I've seen about 20 or so and had quite a few just on the edge of shooting range daring me but i passed. The only deer I have had in shooting range have been four small bucks and that doe that I missed. Even with the full moon the deer sightings have been good. I do know that we have found EHD deer in the fields now and are up to a count of 4

7. I hunted a ground blind Saturday morning and had a nice 1 1/2 year old six point (6 inch forks and 3 inch brows) at 2 or 3 yards. It was really neat to have a buck eye-to-eye at 6-8 feet in broad daylight (7:40 am) and him to never know I was there. An hour later a 5 point came by at 7 yards. Both bucks stopped broadside in front of my blind (an open top home made model consisting of pallets that are wired together) and posed for a few seconds before continuing their walk. Both went through my food plot and the 5 point stopped long enough to eat 1 leaf of chicory (shut up Weimer).

8. Ever thought of trying a compound bow Dustin? :cwm27: Just messin' with you man. You'll get many more opportunities before it's all said and done.

9. Sometimes I feel the turkey's and deer are working together!!!! Ever time I see a deer to shot there are extra eye's around. See about 15 deer so far and the keep getting locked up afraid of getting caught. I know one thing for certain i'm going to start hunting my other stands that aren't on ridges. I have alot of buddies that hunt rodents and they're no problem I might need to find somebody to kill these dang turkey's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. In my 5 outings, I've seen 9 does and 16 bucks. 80% have been within bow range.

11. 11 outings, 25 deer sighted, 9 different bucks so far (none of which are shooters :( ).

12. I work but only a few miles from Angola, and keep my bow in the truck!!! :evil:

I've been out 5 times, seen atleast 4-5 does in each sitting, and one small forked buck. But I think that's due to the situation, not the area. Still some tree topping going on , and a LOT of standing corn.

Should get a lot better here in a few weeks!

13. IN THREE HUNTS, TWO MORNING AND ONE EVENING, I HAVE SEEN FIVE DEER. HAD A SHOT AT THREE OF THE FIVE, PASSED ON ALL THREE, ALL WERE DOES. WILL PROBABLY LET AN ARROW FLY THIS WEEKEND IF GIVEN A CHANCE. I NEED TO TAKE SOME PRESSURE OFF SO THAT I CAN CONCENTRATE ON BUCK HUNTING. LIKE LAST YEAR I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY BUCK TAGGED BEFORE SHOTGUN SEASON STARTS. WHERE I HUNT, THE DEERS BEHAVIOR CHANGES DRASTICALLY ONCE THE GUNS GO OFF.

14. 3 outings, 8 does & 1 buck sighted. 1 Doe kill.

15. I have been out four times and have seen 8 does and one I couldnt tell what sex, it was too thick, im assuming a doe. Shot at one opening morning but missed her.