close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

North American Whitetail

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by fullrut, Jul 5, 2007.

1. fullrut

fullrut Guest

I was just wondering who subscribes to North American Whitetail, and what do you think of it? Too me it is the best magazine going. Be sure to pay close attention to the September issue. There will be an interesting article in it.

2. I'm a subscriber. Still on my first subscription. It's a good mag, not sure if it is the best thing going, but its up there.

3. I've subscribed for years, it is my favorite mag for informative articles on everything whitetail hunting.

4. I've been a subscriber for many years. With the internet, I've let all my subscriptions to the various magazines run out, yet, I still have my North American Whitetail subscription. Just renewed it again a few days ago as a matter of fact.

Good magazine, except on occasion they let some Dean guy put articles in there. What's up with that?:confused:

:evilsmile

5. I am a subsciber. This is my second year into it. I love it, great magazine. I read every article in every magazine. I just wish it ran all year around to help feed my addiction.

6. I may have to give it a try. I've been getting mags since I was a kid, so I sometimes think I've read it all 50 times, but once in awhile a new idea comes up. I still haven't killed enough big bucks so I'm not doing something right.

7. I`M NOT A SUBSCRIBER TO THAT MAGAZINE AND I DO NOT KNOW WHY, IT SEEMS LIKE I MUST SUBSCRIBE TO ALL THE OTHERS, MAYBE I`LL TAKE A LOOK AT IT. OF THE ONES THAT I DO SUBSCRIBE TO I LIKE " DEER AND DEER HUNTING" IT SEEMS TO GIVE ALOT OF SPECIFIC INFORMATION ON WHITETAILS UNLIKE THE GENERAL ARTICLES YOU SEEM TO GET IN " OUTDOOR LIFE" OR "FIELD & STREAM".

8. I get it and have for years. I think it's one of if not the most informative one out there. I've had from one time or another it seems every hunting magazine out there and I've settled on Bowhunter and North American Whitetail as my 2 favorite.

One trend I don't like about Bowhunter is all the African stuff. I have no desire to shoot a striped horse or to read a story about shooting a gariffe.

I had the pleasure of working a booth at the Hoosier Deer classic a few years ago and right next to me was Dr. James Kroll and Gorgon Whittington. Very nice down to Earth guys.

9. North American Whitetail is still the cutting edge deer hunting magazine, and has been since the early 1980s. While there are some excellent publications out there, most of them have modeled theirs after NAW. In fact, nearly all of the modern 21st Century deer management programs (and their philosophies) have come straight out of the pages of NAW over the years; thanks in large part to James Kroll's teachings.
    NAW will always be considered the No. 1 publication in my opinion. Dr. Kroll and Dr. Koerth have done mucho research that others haven't over the years. I can honestly say that nearly 100% of the knowledge I have gained about deer biology has come straight from the pages of that magazine.
    Dr. Kroll's research is funded by Stephen F. Austin State University. Also, Dr. Kroll heads the Institute for Whitetail Deer Research and Management; where much more research and studies have come from over the years. When he does deer research, it is with the whitetail deer; and those who hunt them, in mind.
    If you want to learn more about everything whitetail, get this magazine and absorb every last bit of it you can. Keep a close eye on the Dr. Deer segement in each months issue as well. This is where you'll learn the most about the biology of the rut, etc. which will definatley improve your hunting. Have fun!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  10. Dean, is that the same mag. that's doing a story on my deer this fall? I still have your number on speed dial, just incase.

11. Well, since you are hypothetically saying you shot a buck, I too will hyothetically say YES!!!!!

Anything for my Grandpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. It is a good mag. with great info. Always on top of it. Very user friendly.

13. my favorite, getting it since the late 90's

14. I have over 110 copies of the magazine I've saved since around 1984. Not just the actual NAW magazine, but copies of also Rut Secrets, Rut Secrets II, Awesome Whitetails 3,4,5, and 6, and some of the other special issues.

Anyone else save their copies? And, anyone know anyone who might sell me a copy of the February 1997 issue?? This is the issue in which Sam Collora and the "Collora Buck" were introduced to us all. I loaned mine out to someone a few years back and never got it back.

15. I only subscribe to one hunting magazine...

Traditional Bowhunter Magazine.....

Lots of great useful stuff in there for any hunter.