Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man...just about a month and a half away from the finding of those tastey little shrooms. What's the earliest any of you guys have every found morels? I've found them as early as the last week of march...but that was a few years ago.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
'Shrooms galore!!!!

I'm in NE Indiana, and my Birthday is April 18. The earliest I've ever found some small grays was on April 17th one year. Up here we don't start really getting into them until the first of May. Of course this can very somewhat, depending on conditions, but generally the first two to three weeks of May are best here.

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
My mothers birthday is April 15th, and that would be the earliest I've ever found them. Got you by a couple days Deano! Hey I'll get back with you about Eagle's Nest........

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
crookedlake92 said:
My mothers birthday is April 15th, and that would be the earliest I've ever found them. Got you by a couple days Deano! Hey I'll get back with you about Eagle's Nest........
Oh, so now I'm like some old woman, huh???? I'll never share my hotspots with you Crooked...NEVER!!!!!!:cwm27:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
LoveHunting said:
i guess i should've said where i found them...brookville.
Could I get some GPS coordinates for Brookville Hunting??? Oh....just in case I want to go walleye fishing down there...you know!!!

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
Come on Deano...... My mom is not that bad. I really just want the hotspots. I used hunt 'em behind the old rest stop on 69 just south of Auburn.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
No Shrooms near Auburn.....

crookedlake92 said:
Come on Deano...... My mom is not that bad. I really just want the hotspots. I used hunt 'em behind the old rest stop on 69 just south of Auburn.
You stay away from that rest area Mister....Not that there is any shrooms there or anything like that................:cheeky-sm

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Money and Mushrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, Bubba, I want to go with you. He's not only finding delectable Yellows, but $50 bills too. They always said that money doesn't grow on trees...And, they were right....It pops up out of the ground!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Zoom a zoom zoom and a shroom shroom!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoveHunting said:
haha...very funny dean...i'll tell you they were in the woods...or were they?
I'll come with you to determine the answer to that question. GAME???????:cool:

Do you know the old question....Does a bear_________ in the woods????

Anyone know the answer to this age old question?????

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Well I thought I would not commit on this but you know sometime it's hard not to. Last year I found my first mushrooms on Jan 3 around 12:eek:o noon at Richards salad bar. Had to do that Dean. Well it was on April 25 a friend and I was fishing at Mongo and I had to take a P_ _ and walk behind some trees and there was 3 grays. Yes I picked them before I p _ _. HA!

·
Registered
218 Posts
A good site to watch is Morels.com you can watch them as the start down south and work there way up. There is a message bd. for a lot states

1 - 19 of 19 Posts