close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Not My Year!!!

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by FINS&GRINS, Nov 24, 2006.

1. HI GUYS , HAVE TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT THIS MESSED UP NIGHT TONIGHT, WENT OUT TO MY DADS TO HUNT A SWAMP STAND THAT GETS GOOD THIS TIME OF YEAR , COULD HERE LOTS OF DEER WALKING AROUNDIN THE THICKET , JUST ABOUT 5:OO MY NEPHEW SHOOTS INSIDE THE WOODS, HAD DEER CRASHING EVERYWERE SEEN ABOUT 10 DEER RUN OUT THE WEST END , NO BUCKS , THEN I HEARD ONE CRASHING TOWARD ME IN THE SWAMP, IT STOPPED OUT ABOUT 65 YARDS BROADSIDE, I LOOKED AT IN THE SCOPE (2 POWER ) SEEN NO ANTLERS LOOKED LIKE A GOOD SIZED DOE ,TOOK AIM AND HIT IT PERFECTLY , WHEN I GOT DOWN TO GO GET HER , SHE BOLTED ABOUT 20 YDS INTO SOME THICK BRUSH, UPON GOING INTO THE BRUSH A STICK PROCEEDED TO WHIP ME IN THE FACE AND FLING OFF MY BRAND NEW GLASSES I JUST GOT 2 DAYS AGO, INTO SOME 4 FT. HIGH GRASS, I LOOKED FOR THEM WITH OF COARSE NO LUCK, NOW I WALK UP TO MY DOE AND WHAT DO I SEE BUT 2 LITTLE SPIKES ABOUT 4" LONG , PUT IT THIS WAY EARS WERE BIGGER THAN THE SPIKES, SO TO SUM UP MY EVENING I LOST A 300 DOLLAR PAIR OF GLASSES, & MORE IMPORTANT USED UP MY BUCK TAG, SO TO SAY I AM A LITTLE DISSAPOINTED IS THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR, THE ONLY UP SIDE IS I WILL HAVE SOME GOOD EATING EVEN IF IT COST ME AS MUCH AS PRIME RIB , GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU GUYS, IM OFF TO DUCK & GOOSE HUNTING NOW!!!

P.S. TEAM DEWM YOU CAN ADD A WHOLE 7 POINTS TO OUR SCORE :evilsmile

2. Sorry to hear, Fins...but you're right, it will be some good eating. Congratulations on your deer. Taking any buck is an accomplishment...don't beat yourself up too badly about it! ;)

3. Atta Boy...............we are now within striking distance of the "Backachers" :evilsmile

4. That will be a story that you will laugh at years from now.

5. Fins, congradulations on your deer. Sorry about your glasses, hope you're able to find them.

6. Hope you have better luck next year, but congrats on a buck though