close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NWTF - Steuben CO.

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by tinyt, Mar 20, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if anyone was attending the Steuben Co. NWTF banquet this month?

2. I'll be there this Saturday night.

3. Tinyt, did you go to the banquet?

I was there, had a good time. My first turkey banquet. They had some good stuff. I was kind of disappointed in the guns they were giving away.

I won three things in the bucket ticket raffles.

4. I wasn't able to attend this year. Thought I had to work so I didn't get tickets. :banghead3I ended up fishing all evening since I didn't have tickets. It is the first that I have missed since it has came to our area. I know what you mean to the guns. It seems as it has gone slightly down hill a touch,but it is still a great time. Two years ago I won a rifle but haven't had much luck since like some people that attend. Seems like the same family will win a gun or two each year.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  5. The gun selection was pretty bad, IMO. The banquet itself was good and they keep it clicking along, but the guns pretty much stunk. I think they gave away 5 or 6 Winchester 1300's. Now don't get me wrong, I killed my first turkey with a 1300 and still have a 1300 slug gun sitting in my safe at home, but it is an economy discontinued gun. Having 5 or 6 of them ... all identical I might add ... was a poor decision, IMO. They had maybe two, what I consider nice guns and a decent muzzleloader.

The beer was cold though.:biggrin: