close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OFFER - FREE 2 Week Fishing Trip in Lower Michigan

Discussion in 'Northwest Indiana Fishing Reports' started by dbassman, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Hi, I’m new to this forum. I don't know if posts like this are usually posted here, but thought I'd give it a shot!

My parents and I rent a cottage for a two week fishing vacation (usually in June, but we don't have it set yet this year it may be in July) on a medium sized 150 acre lake in lower MI. I have gone almost every year of my life. This year my main fishing buddy can’t make it, so I’m looking for someone to go along and fish with me. You will have your own room and everything is provided except your fishing equipment and if you want something special. I love this lake and look forward to this trip all year! It is located about 30 miles West of Kalamazoo, MI.

There is one catch though (no pun intended)… I’ve been a C-4/5 quadriplegic for the past 28 years as a result of falling from a tree at age 15. I’m paralyzed from the shoulders down and fish with an electric fishing reel that I operate with a slide bar on a headrest, someone has to cast out for me but I take over after that. I’ve fished ever since I could hold a pole & after my accident just had to find a new way to do it. Check out my website: (DansFishinHole.com) for a video segment that our local news station did on me in 1998 and a Fishing with Roland Martin TV show I did in 1984, so you can see how I actually fish. Click the link on the left (Want to see how I fish? New Streaming Video) There’s been some modifications to my equipment, but it’s still pretty much the same. Most of the pictures in the "Photo Gallery" on the site are from the lake we go to.

I'd like to go with a partner +/- 10-15 years of my age (43), so hopefully we’ll have quite a bit in common and have an enjoyable vacation. This isn't a requirement, so if you're younger or older & interested, please let me know!

If I can't get someone for two weeks I could always take one person the 1st week & another for the 2nd week... Just another option if anyone's interested & can only make one week!

I live in South Bend, IN and am always looking for new fishing partners. I have my own 16 ft. pontoon fishing boat with a 40 horse Yamaha on the back and Minn-Kota trolling motor on the front, which I trailer & pull with my van. I like to fish for bass, bluegill, crappie, walleye and about anything else that bites, but my favorite has to be bass.

Please message or email me if you’re interested.

Thanks,
    Dan

[​IMG] ~ Come to Dan's Fishin' Hole & more! ~ [​IMG]

2. The date for this are June 17th-30th... If anyone can help even for 2-3 days please let me know!

I haven't been replying back lately for two reasons, #1) I've been stuck in bed with a pressure sore, so my computer time is limited. And #2) I didn't think our vacation was going to happen as we didn't think we would be of a get the cottage at all.

I just found out today we can get our cottage, from June 17-24. And then, June 24-30 move next door with my brother for the second week. The second week and maybe a little more cramped, but I think it would still work out okay.

One thing I neglected to mention in my original post is I would need additional help besides the fishing, such as lifting from bad to chair and back again and pushing me from the cottage to the lake and back, as I don't take my power chair on the boat. My dad can do some lifting, but being 72 years old, and also just having a stroke this past January, he and I would need some additional help. My brother can help pushing to the the lake and back, but has a bad back and can't do much lifting with me. I hope this doesn't scare anybody off.

If you're interested or just want some more information, either PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call since I've got free long-distance or feel free to give me a call at (574) 273-0842.

Thanks,
    Dan