close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oh, no he didn't!

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by JL, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Went back out bowhunting tonight. It was only the second time I've been out since taking my buck last Thursday. I planned to go back out and hunt hard for some does to put up for Team Confidence, or Team Showtime, or Team Bocephus (I still don't know our "official" name). Anyway, no deer sightings until five o'clock, when I see a big-bodied deer step out into the CRP. Get the glasses up, and, OH MY GOD! Big bodied ten-pointer. After knowing that mine scored between 120" and 125", I'm guessing this dude at 150"! What a buck! He never came within 100 yds., but that probably would have been worse for me. I'm going to try to get this dude on film. Hopefully, he'll survive the slug-slingin' and make it to next year. This season isn't even over, and I'm already really looking forward to next!

2. Too bad your area is not an urban zone! 2 pope and young bucks in 1 year would be awesome.

3. Man I sure hope that deer makes it for ya. I would have hate to have been in your position.

4. Hey J.L, need a pardner up there in God's Country??????? Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!!!!!!

My brother was country driven, looking for geese and deer, and saw a good 8 run into one of the woods where one of my stands is. He said it was headin' right for one of my stands. I was, of course, 3/4 of a mile in another stand. Damn it man!!!!!!!:banghead3

5. Set your watches and see how long it will take "someone" to say, "well if we didn't have the OBR you could get that buck."

And JL's reply, "Well, he will be a booner next year!"

6. I'll be right up JL, meet me at 4:00 a.m. in the morning at the IHOP to point me in the right direction!!! :yikes:

7. Those bucks have always been here....

8. ....all one needs to do is hunt them.

P.S. J.L. I like Team Bocephus the best.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2006
  9. Question?

You all know I am PRO-OBR and PRO-QDM.

I heard a rumor that next year will be back to the 2BR. A buddy of mine read it in an article. I told him that I read on here that we were going for another 5 years (MIN.) at the current OBR.

Anyone know for sure?

DNB30

10. Wait wait wait... there is another guy that hunts that land. he was hoping you would put him on a deer!