close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opener

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by smitty, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Thank God for Friday! Duck season will be back in for me, friday, down here in Decatur county. Due to recent rains, i noticed my ducks were back in their get-a-way stream playing, splashing, and having a hey day. If it wouldn't scare them, i probably would have joined them!

2. managed to get 2 mallards from that spot this morning, but it took a lot of effort. 12 degrees this morning put a half inch of ice on the water. I dropped the two of them right in the middle; couldn't get to them in my waders; left the canoe at home. So, i ran home and got my trusty fishing pole and spinnerbait. Made a few casts, and reeled them right in to me. The farmers who own the spot probably think i have quacked up!:bouncy:

3. What color spinnerbait you use for mallards anyway? Trailer hook?

Gotta do what ya gotta do.

It was cold this morning, I sat in the stand for a few hours before having to come into work today. Didn't see any deer, but did see the prints of the big boy I'm after. Now just have to bow to the deer gods and hope to reach out and touch him tomorrow morning.

4. good luck tomorrow, Quaildancer; i hope you get that big one. It was a pink in-line spinner, mallards seem to love it!

5. Just proves spinners are the best for fishing and huntin heh smitty!

6. There were 3 ducks in my yard today