close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opinion on TruGlo "Gobble Stopper" Choke tube.

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by Gunfighter45, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Guys this is my 3rd attempt at getting a turkey. I bought a TruGlo "Gobble Stopper" Choke tube, Has anyone used them? Im useing it in a Winchester 1300 28 inch Barrel. I also want an opinion on what shot to start w/...... as a starting point to patterning my new rig. I'm pretty new to turkey hunting..... I have yet to get a shot at a bird. All i'm asking for is your opinion, i will decide from there as what will work for me.....

Thanks in advance.:bowdown:

Gunfighter45

2. never used that choke before but it should be good buy boxes of 4 5 and 6's of winchester extended range see what works start at 20 yds go up to 40 see where it drops off i have the 1300 st 18 inch barrel i wont hesitate to shoot 40 yds with the factory choke

3. I have the Tru-Glo Strut Stopper, and I love it. You should be fine with your Gobble Stopper. I have never had any luck with Remington shells, of any sort. I have done well on turkeys with Winchester Supreme 5s, but last year I switched to Federal Premium 4s. Both are great shells. Good luck!

4. Hevi-shot 5's work great for me.... I have a Primos Jelly Head for my Benelli Nova and a Mad Super Hevi-shot for my Winchester SX-2 both are dead on past 40 yards....