Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

Panfishing Near Bloomington

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  IN-4-OUTDOORS 
#1 ·
I'M LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON A LAKE IN BLOOMINGTON OFF OF THE 37 BUSINESS ROUTE. A BUDDY OF MINE SAID SOME GUYS USED TO FISH IT THAT HE WENT TO SCHOOL WITH. :help:

#2 ·
Bryant's Creek Lake

The only State Lake I know of off old 37 is Bryant's Creek Lake. If you come north on old 37 you can't miss it on the left side. It sits right at the entrance to Morgan/Monroe State Forest. There are 2 other ponds on the property Cherry Lake and Prather Lake. Prather is smaller but has close to a 2 mile hike to get to therefore less fished.

#3 ·
dnrlawman,

I looked on google local and found a lake north of the IU campus north of S.R. 46 and just east of where old 37 wyes off of 37 B.R. If you look at the satellite image it looks like a good sized lake with a dam on the northwest end of the lake. Also I think it was Headley Rd. and Hinkle Rd. that come together on the east side and make a loop presumably at the boat access ramp!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.