close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PCR's ... good/bad/indifferent ... they are here

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by DEC, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Without trying to turn this into a slug fest on the topic. We all pretty much are aware that these were approved for 2008. No cartridge list, no county or zone restrictions, no capacity limits.

I've personally supported the PCR issue, though I'm not a fan boy pushing hard for the issue. I personally am not happy that there wasn't a capacity limit thrown in there. That is not an attack on the PCR thing, but gun hunting as a whole. I want a capacity limit on any deer gun.

So, this begs to question everyone. It did pass. Do you intend to buy one of these guns? Do you intend to deer hunt with one? Does the issue even really matter or effect you and your deer hunting?

Keeping it civil, my 2 cents.

I am going to buy a PCR gun. I doubt I'll ever deer hunt with it, but I'll never say never. I'm buying one just to have one and give my daughters the option of using it, their muzzleloader, or one of their shotguns. I might loan it to a friend to use as well. Mostly, I'm buying one because I have to admit they do look like fun to shoot and I'm a sucker for buying guns that will simply sit in my safe and never get used.

In reality, the whole PCR thing effects my deer hunting in absolutely no way shape or form. Where I hunt it is fairly isolated and neighboring hunters are seldom if ever a problem.

Please keep it civil. PCR's passed. They are here. We as hunters have to live with it regardless how we feel about it.

2. I won't buy one, mainly because I don't have the money.

3. Indifferent, at this point. If my oldest daughter decides she wants to hunt, I would probably look at them compared to youth model 20 guages and 410 slug guns. Otherwise, don't think I will ever have a reason to buy one.

4. Wouldn't mind having one...just fun to shoot. I'd never use it to hunt. Not even in the top 100 of my priority list though. The only way it will affect my deer hunting is if somebody shoots me with one haha

5. Not planning on buying one for serveral reasons. First and foremost...the cost money...I have little. Second, I am not a big enough fan of the rounds to switch from my 12 gauge. I like my 12 gauge, it is plenty accurate, and the kick doesn't bother me. I would sooner buy a nice muzzleloader, or new bow, or varmit rifle, or big game rifle, than a cowboy rifle. They are fun and everything, but so is my .22. If I get an itch to play cowboy, i'll pop in one of my many John Wayne movies, pour a cheap wiskey, and be glad some guy isn't after me for shootin' his paw'.

6. I will use my .357

But, if I can get my .410 SLAM project to work I will try with that too.

As well as my Flintlock and my new Bow.

I like Options.

7. Nope. I'll keep hunting with my muzzleloader. However I do appreciate the option of using the pistol cartridge rifles.

Jack

8. No, I have all the guns I need, I think:biggrin: . Muzzleloader is great, doubt if I ever notice a difference in my hunting area.

9. I WILL BUY ONE, AT SOME POINT IN TIME, BUT I DOUBT IT WILL BE FOR THIS YEARS SEASON. I WILL BUY ONE FOR THE AESTETICS AS MUCH OR MORE THAN FOR A NEW DEER WEAPON. I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED THE LOOKS AND FEEL OF A LEVER GUN, KNOWING THAT THEY ARE TRULY AN AMERICAN FIREARMS ICON.

IT WILL BE NICE TO HAVE ONE MY COLLECTION, THERE WILL BE TIMES THAT I CHOOSE TO USE IT, THERE WILL BE TIMES THAT I WILL USE MY SHOTGUN OR MUZZLELOADER, IT WILL JUST BE NICE TO HAVE ANOTHER OPTION AND A VALID REASON TO GO BUY ANOTHER GUN.

10. $$$$$ I am so cheap I went turkey hunting with shells 3 years old. I sure can't afford to blow 500 bucks on a gun that is "fun to shoot". My encore puts my meat in the freezer.

11. NO RIFLES for deer hunting in Indiana. I will keep saying that. I have no reason to buy one, and why buy one when I have all the guns I need. I think it just a bunch of SHI* anyway. Just away to sell more guns and more money for the gov. Plus OH YES more gun laws. I think it SUCKS sorry that is just the way I FEEL.

12. I've had and loved leverguns for years and shoot them year round. I fully plan on using mine to harvest deer. Its about time!:cool:

13. Like I said, its about time!.....Steve.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  14. Ohhhhhh-Keeee Doh-Kee........:tdo12:.......Glad that's cleared up. Whewwww!

Not sure what I'm gonna do. Have seen some nice looking guns that shoot these rounds...........but my Encore isn't ugly either. :evil: I think I may just stick with it for now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  15. Best line of the day Dew.:lol:

Keep it civil kids. No one needs to get a time out. PCR's are here for 2008, I agree that we need to simply "deal with it", but no need to drop some 4 letter bombs.