close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Peep sight

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by rackstalker, Aug 29, 2006.

1. I have been using an Easton Outfitter brand peep in my bow with the tube. I have had trouble with these tubes over time breaking. As long as they dont break the peep rocks! Is there a comperable peep without a tube out there that lines up just as good-----Any suggestions considered!

Thanksssssssssss

2. The key to having a good peep set up without a tube is to use a string loop and invest in a good quality string. Most factory strings just don't cut it. They stretch excessively and you will constantly fight twist making it nearly imposible to get proper peep rotation. The only factory string that I've been able to live with is the one on my Switchback XT. Look into a Winners Choice, Vapor Trail, Buck Nasty, or one of the other high quality strings. It is money well spent.

3. By getting ride of you tube you will pick up @ 8 fps of arrow speed, not to mention it will solve your tube breakage problems. My bow, by Bowtech, has strings that are twisted toward the cam axles. This is a pain to keep the peep aligned. I had a peep that split the peep in half and it didn't work too good. Then switched to a peep the split the string in thirds. It works much better for me b/c not matter where the peep is when you draw you always have it where you want it. Sometimes you may have to look "thru" one of the three strings but it just appears fuzzy and you can see your target right thru it. Hope that helps.

4. Get Silicone Rubber Tube

GET A SILICONE BASED TUBE. THEY CAN BE PURCHASED AT AN ARCHERY SHOP OR ON E-BAY. THEY DO NOT CRACK OR DETERIORIATE. IF YOU CANNOT FIND A SILICONE TUBE, IF YOU WILL OCCASIONALLY PUT ARMOUR ALL OR LIKE PRODUCT ON YOU LATEX RUBBER, TUBE IT WILL MAKE IT LAST LONGER..

I PREFER THE DOUGHNUT STYLE PEEP THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE A RUBBER TUBE. YOU WILL NEED TO SPEND A LITTLE MORE TIME INSTALLING THEM TO WORK PROPERLY, BUT ONCE INSTALLED CORRECTLY, THEY WORK GREAT AND WITHOUT AND RUBBER BREAKAGE WORRIES.