close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pheasant Trip

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Dock Holiday, Jan 5, 2006.

1. I just got home from 9 day stretch of Pheasant hunting. Spent 5 Days in South Dakota, and stopped off in Iowa for 4 days of bird hunting with my Brother. It was a great trip. South Dakota was amazazing, We shot our limit every day. Iowa was good too! My dogs are worn down as am I but if I had more time off we'd both be ready to go tommorro. That pretty much wraps up my season, I might try some quail down south, anyone know if there are any birds at Minnehaha FWA?

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Sounds like a neat trip...did talk to someone who hunted in Sullivan Co. on some private land and said the quail were there...not sure about Minne.

I can imagine you're exhausted after a trip like that...that's a lot of hunting

3. My dogs are rail thin, I was feeding Iams the the whole time but they still lost weight. Tons of fun though. Hard on the pocket book

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Hard on the pocket book[/QUOTE]
    Remember, life's too short not to have fun...live happy, die broke.

5. This is true, I HOpe I can go back next year, SD was loaded with birds!!

You ever hunt minnehaha?? I was thinking of heading down there for some quail action.

6. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Never hunted Minnehaha.. Did get a couple of coveys up at Tri-County years ago when we went for the clean up.

I think if you have a good dog...and the birds are around, you'll find them..if you know what cover to look for.

7. Sounds like a lot of fun.:cool:

8. DDragon-

The Pheasant trip was awesome, Hope I can find some quail next weekend at Minne, I am gonna hunt duck in the am and quail in the pm. Who knows, If you don't try then you have no chance

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Let us know what you find...I know the population in Daviees county was pretty good when we went down over Christmas.

10. Will post up next after the hunt