Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from 9 day stretch of Pheasant hunting. Spent 5 Days in South Dakota, and stopped off in Iowa for 4 days of bird hunting with my Brother. It was a great trip. South Dakota was amazazing, We shot our limit every day. Iowa was good too! My dogs are worn down as am I but if I had more time off we'd both be ready to go tommorro. That pretty much wraps up my season, I might try some quail down south, anyone know if there are any birds at Minnehaha FWA?

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Sounds like a neat trip...did talk to someone who hunted in Sullivan Co. on some private land and said the quail were there...not sure about Minne.

I can imagine you're exhausted after a trip like that...that's a lot of hunting

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dogs are rail thin, I was feeding Iams the the whole time but they still lost weight. Tons of fun though. Hard on the pocket book

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is true, I HOpe I can go back next year, SD was loaded with birds!!

You ever hunt minnehaha?? I was thinking of heading down there for some quail action.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Never hunted Minnehaha.. Did get a couple of coveys up at Tri-County years ago when we went for the clean up.

I think if you have a good dog...and the birds are around, you'll find them..if you know what cover to look for.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DDragon-

The Pheasant trip was awesome, Hope I can find some quail next weekend at Minne, I am gonna hunt duck in the am and quail in the pm. Who knows, If you don't try then you have no chance

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Let us know what you find...I know the population in Daviees county was pretty good when we went down over Christmas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts