close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please give your advice on this piece of property?

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by XXXdisel77, Aug 21, 2005.

1. I am looking at some property on a private no wake lake. The houses on this lake are in the $250,000 to $750,000 range. I have heard great things about the fishing on this lake. The lake is stocked with walleye every year and anglers have taken a few 8lb walleyes out of this lake. They say there are 17" crappie there as well. Last ice fishing season one of my vendors who lives on the lake pulled a 19lb. pike out and it is going on his wall. With all that said, could you all give me some advice as to what you think a piece of property such as this would be worth? It is in Southwestern MI about 5 miles from the Indiana border. Thank you all for your help![​IMG]

Complete set of encyclopedia britannica for sale freaking wife already knows everything!

2. Great to see you post again! I don't know what it is worth but I would definitely look at the amount of property taxes you will have to pay in Michigan. Is it going to be a vacation property or your primary residence? You get a big deduction in Michigan if it is your primary residence. If its not it will a expensive enough (lots higher than you are used to in Indiana:dizzy:) that it about has to be considered as you think about how much you are willing to pay.

3. I ended up purchasing the property. The seller was asking for $100,000, but I got him down to $80,000. I can't wait to fish it, but I have been so busy working that I don't know when I will have the time. I have it forever now, so I guess there is no rush. My buddy said he caught a 5lb. smallmouth out of there. Over the past few years they have put 17,000 walleye in the lake and are thinking about stocking it with laketrout since the lake is so deep. A guy on the lake told me that it is 90' in the deepest spot. I am sure once I start fishing it I will have some good stories to post in here. At least that is what I am hoping.

4. Hey XXX, congratulations on the new purchase. I noticed you're from Elkhart, me too. Where abouts in Elkhart?? I'll help you pull some of those smallmouth and walleyes out of there if you want! :biggrin:

Do you hunt locally also? Private/Public? Let me know if you'd like to get together and sling some arrows, get a line wet, or just grab a cold one. It's always good to meet some local guys on these forums!

Congrats again.....what lake is it? Some good fishing lakes right across the state line! My folks have a place outside of White Pigeon on Fish Lake....largemouth and gill fishing is great!

Shoot me an email or reply when you get a chance,
    Jon

5. Hey neighbors South Bend here but I bet we fish the same river