close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pontoon Question

Discussion in 'Boating and Boat Rigging' started by ccavacini, Jul 5, 2006.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

On the dash of the pontoon...two switches with circuit breakers...one the docking lights, which work, and the other, the running lights which don't.

The breaker has popped out on the running light switch....push the breaker back in, push the switch, and lights for second, then pops out...

New fuse? Bad switch?

p.s. I'm as handy as a Neanderthal.

2. You have a dead short,maybe water in a light....try looking for short/ground first.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Thanks....uhhhhh, what's a dead short? Short ground?

4. When the power line touches the frame thats a dead short.....or a dead ground samething

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Ok, now I understand...I'll check this weekend. (But, it does sound dangerous...maybe I'll have my wife check.)

6. At least unplug the battery for the dear girl.

7. That might defeat his purpose!!!!!!:evilsmile :hide:

8. If I was you I would check the light for a bare wire, no doubt there is a dead short. What I would do first disconnect the wire going to the lights and just take a piece of wire and run it from your fuse back to each of the light and see if that fixes it, you may need to just run a new wire.

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I'm going to try to trace the wire...problem is under the dash there are a thousand wires..may take me a little while.

10. I would just pull two new wires a red & black take the light off tie a fish tape to them & try to pull them back If this does not work run the fish tape back hook up wires & pull them in are you sure the circuit breaker is good

11. Simple idea...just use the boat during the day time.

12. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

That's exactly what I told my wife....too complicated for me to fix....too cheap to have it fixed.

13. get you some small flashlights tape them to the rails turn them on when you in the water at night then just walk through and flick them off when you dock the bad boy. Oldbuckkiller wanted me to post that for him. he says remember that duct tape will hold anything so you should be ok

14. you right 100 mile an hour tape will fix about any thing, and the flashlight will work I bet.