close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Post Your Bird Hunting Trips Out of State

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by huntindog1, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Where is everyone going this year out of state to get into some birds?

I am heading up to the North Woods of the state of Michigan to give my German Shorthairs some adventure tracking down the king of game birds the grouse.

Going late October maybe it will be a little colder up there.

I will try and attach a pic from last year hunting trip up there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. I usually pheasant hunt Iowa the second week of November but I had to schedule some health test for that week. I'm hoping to quail hunt a few times and squeeze a bowhunt or two in between also.

3. I'll be chasing Pheasants in Iowa October 28-30th
    Then I'm heading to Nebraska for Pheasants December 1-4th and possibly back out to Nebraska again in January.

4. What part of Michigan will you be heading to huntindog1?

5. Gladwin area, thousands of acres of public ground up there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

birdhunt1 likes this.
  6. Have a great hunt! I band a few woodcock each spring in that area.

7. What part of Iowa are you hunting?

8. North Central Iowa near Algona.

9. I hunt near Spencer. I've been through Algona several times but never hunted there.

10. I've heard decent reports from around Spencer about bird numbers. Hoping we are close enough to see the same thing? Can't wait! This is my first time hunting Iowa. Some buddies have been hunting these farms for years. Bird numbers aren't great, but better than Indiana!

11. The numbers aren’t great anymore but you can find pockets that have several birds. I have always hunted public land since there are so many acres of it. Good luck and let us know how you did!

HS Strut likes this.