close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pre-rut tactics

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by coonslayer21, Oct 9, 2006.

1. What tactics does everyone use to lure in a good buck during the pre-rut????

2. I usually get a fire going,set up a card table and wait for them to come in to the set -up,,,,hasn't worked yet!

3. tile - you probably should spray the fire down with some kinda scent killer...

4. :cwm27: :cwm27: :cwm27:

5. LOL sounds you've been grouting all day or the wall tile glue was getting to ya LOL:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

6. For real though, I just keep hunting where the does are traveling and keep a doe bleat handy to stop a buck.

7. How long is the estrus bleat, i threw away the instructions that came with my call....:banghead3

8. Sorry about that, too much thinsette dust. I'm with Chip, if you have the does around you most the times you hunt,the bucks are going to be cruisin' thru looking for them.

9. i think my hunting buddy has a real good method. he comes back to the truc about 9:00 then lays his gun down about 20 ft. from where he eats his snacks on the bed of his truck. it's worked for him thast 2 yrs. of course he hasn't killed anything either.

10. feed them and they'll come

In my opinion the best place to hunt the first 2 weeks of the season is a trail leading to feed. Try a food plot trail if you have one, and make sure it is somthing being used. My reasoning for this is because before the rut or pre-rut whitetails are maxing out on feed. They loose quite a bit of weight during there scavenger hunt for the best female in town, and then after they have found her they have winter ahead of them. So their doing the best they can to be ready for their weight loss during the rut so they can stay alive for the winters weather. So set up your stand and wait for that big bruiser.
    Also to add something else.....
    It doesn't make a lot of sense to me when hunters plant corn right in there woods for a new food plot. Can anyone explain to me why the deer would just assume go to the corn that the hunter planted instead of the thousands of acres of corn around them in Indiana? If I were them id'e plant something thats a good source and isnt seen around their area.

11. not killing the does if there are no does there are no bucks the more does the more bucks if your after a good buck think about this you don't need any tricks if you have a good mature doe population

keep killing all those does boys i haven't taken one in 2yrs and have seen more bucks and does this year than ever just need the right one to come buy i don't have a problem with it i'll get mine just not off my regular hunting areas