close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Private Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by ice dude, Jun 8, 2006.

1. We started fishing off the dock and caught 20 or so gills from 6"- 9 1/2". Dad started catching bass on his gill jig so i got out a tube and pulled in one about 3lbs. After a few more smaller gills we got out the row boat.
    We started our way south down the shore(wind powered trolling motor). We found some more of the nicer sized gills and red ears, and started filling our basket. When we got to 50 redear we stoped due to the limit. The fish were still biteing good when we stoped fishing for them. Caught fish on cricket, red wiggler, bee moths,black hopper patern fly, and mighty bite jig
    [​IMG]

When we were catching the pan fish we say some nice bass feeding on the small gills on the surface. i tied on a chug bug and started catching nice fish on almost everycast. What a blast it is to catch fish over 5lbs on a top water. we caught fish on almost every cast we made and if we didnt catch one we moved a little father south. We couldnt find a bait that these fish didnt want to eat. I think most of these fish have never seen a bait/lure. You could let these fish swim around with your bait in their mouth and they wouldn't spit it out, even against a tight line.
    We had fish on topwater, spinnerbait, dinger, fish doctor, tube, craw,small jig and chunk, small cranks, worm, mighty bite(gill jig), cricket, redwiggler, bee moth, black hopper patern fly and any thing else that hit the water. Most fish came from the inside edge of weeds and of the shade side of the wood. We only caught 8 fish that wouldn't make the 14" limit. We had 2 over 5, 4 in the 4lb range, a hand full of 3's, and close to 30 in the 1 1/2- 3 lb range.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think that is the most fun i have ever had catching fish. We are gonna take Briayn (Bre-ann), my daughter, with us next time and see if she can hold on to one of these fish. It will be great to see the 2yr old catching bass. I know she will atleast be able to catch some sunfish.

i also found out the other day that if i clean up my babys toys i find a lot of my stuff, like my camera, and flashlights. Even a couple of bags of tubes.

Kevin

2. Good report, Kevin, and nice fish!

3. Awesome day of fishing icedude...one we all dream about!

4. Now that is what I am talking about!!! When we going back?;)

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Kevin, sounds like you guys had a great day.

Cary

6. NICE FISH kevin, looks like you guys had a blast. Quaildancer and I went to Old Lake yesterday evening and caught a few gills and bass, quail had two bass on a frog and man that can get your heart pumping when they hit a top water.

7. Great trip! We went on a walleye trip to Erie on Friday and we all caught a limit. :)