Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Are there any rules or regulations that apply to private property shooting ranges in INDIANA that border or are close to neighboring properties? Set backs? Back stops? etc.

Figured some of you shooters might know.................. also posted this question in the Hunting laws section.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know of any laws as long as it's for personal use(you and or invited guests) as long as it's in the country with no zoning ordinances. Just use common sense and remember you are liable for where the bullets land.

Steve

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Lose the "there's got to be a rule for every thing" mind set and do what you want on your own land. Keep the bullets on your own land and tell every one else to f'off if they don't like it.

·
Registered
352 Posts

Lose the "there's got to be a rule for every thing" mind set and do what you want on your own land. Keep the bullets on your own land and tell every one else to f'off if they don't like it.

i agree :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
Just a side note...... I'm talking about out in the country, Not real close to a residence or dwelling, but still close to other landowner property lines. Steuben County
Out in the rural county areas, basically, just keep the bullet on your property. YOU are responsible for that projectile from the time it leaves the barrel until it comes to a stop. Keep it on your property, keep it safe, and use COMMON SENSE ... then you should be OK.

Inside city limits is a different story. Every town has their own ordinances.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts

Nice looking setup Jack!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a side note...... I'm talking about out in the country, Not real close to a residence or dwelling, but still close to other landowner property lines. Steuben County
I live within the city of Indianapolis, (City Limits) in a residential neighborhood. One of our neighbors directly to the south, not connected to our neighborhood but only several 100 feet from our homes, has a gun range on his property. From my understanding, you must own more than one acre of land to be able to construct one for use. It must also have a berm located at the end the where the rounds will go.
So I would think one acre, is one acre no mater where it is. But checking with your local authorities is advised.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I live within the city of Indianapolis, (City Limits) in a residential neighborhood. One of our neighbors directly to the south, not connected to our neighborhood but only several 100 feet from our homes, has a gun range on his property. From my understanding, you must own more than one acre of land to be able to construct one for use. It must also have a berm located at the end the where the rounds will go.
So I would think one acre, is one acre no mater where it is. But checking with your local authorities is advised.
Welcome to the board. Not a lot of activity on this board, but there are a few of us that check it out.
Not knowing the set up, I would have a difficult time shooting in a neighborhood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts