close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pro OBR vs Anti OBR

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by WThunter, Aug 13, 2006.

1. As I am a rookie on this site, I have a few of questions. First, how long has this site been around? Second, has there always been this much debating about the OBR over the last 4 years or is it just coming on strong now that the trial period is almost at it's end? Third, do the people in charge of making the laws we all abide by actually read these forums? Who actually makes the laws, the DNR or another branch of the state govenment? Are there any DNR officers that are members on this site? Just curious, I hope I can get some answers. Thanks.

2. WT, The arguing by Pro and Anti OBR supporters has been going on for several months, but has recently gotten hotter. I'd guess that much of it has to do with the fact that this coming season will be the last year under the trial period which many members of the DNR didn't want from day one.

Some DNR officials no doubt read these forums to get a feel for what people are saying.

While their are several DNR COs who frequent this site, I don't know of any Biologist who actually come onto this site who actually have identified themselves as such. I know that John Cervid is a retired deer biologist who comes on here from time to time.

I'm not sure how old indianasportsman.com actually is...Can someone else answer this question?