Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever hear of them? I bought one today for $80 from Jim's Archery Shop in Lapaz. Its called "point blank". Came with everything i needed. I think it was a good buy in my opinion. I heard the company is out of business though. Anyone else know anything about them being out of business?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Nice bows and Smokin' Fast!! I shot the Point Blank for several years and loved it. Still have it too!

GOOD BUY!!!

Fuzzy

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
Pro line has been around for awhile and always made solid bows....... Looks like you're good to go!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Got a call from Jim this evening......I wasn't home so I'm not sure what he wanted......anywho.....

Maybe Fuzzy will remember, but didn't Proline start off as the Hoyt off brand? I remember working on them back in the day.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Proline bows were made by Chuck and Bob Jordan of Proline Archery in Hastings, Michigan from 1980 until 1998 I think it was. Chuck Jordan had previously worked for Hoyt before starting his own company. They were having financial difficulties and Darton helped the Jordans out. In 1992 Chuck and Robert Jordan purchased the Proline Company back. They put out a fantastic line of bows from 02 - 05 and I haven't heard anything of them since. I heard a rumor that Bowtech had bought them out but I don't know for sure. I'll try giving them a call this week to see whats up and if they are still around then let you all know.

I've owned many Prolines over the years, I have a Mountain 32 of theirs thats SMOKING fast. WAY ahead of it's time. I got it from the Jordans as a staff bow in 2003. At that time it was shooting 315 fps with a 27 1/2 inch Beman carbon arrow, 100 grain tip @ 28" draw.
Buckhorn50, if you want your money back for that Point Blank, drop me a PM, I'll GLADLY take it off your hands. I must have JUST missed that one at Jim's. I was in there a couple days before you got it.
Shoot'em Strait,
Fuzzy

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Proline bows were made by Chuck and Bob Jordan of Proline Archery in Hastings, Michigan from 1980 until 1998 I think it was. Chuck Jordan had previously worked for Hoyt before starting his own company. They were having financial difficulties and Darton helped the Jordans out. In 1992 Chuck and Robert Jordan purchased the Proline Company back. They put out a fantastic line of bows from 02 - 05 and I haven't heard anything of them since. I heard a rumor that Bowtech had bought them out but I don't know for sure. I'll try giving them a call this week to see whats up and if they are still around then let you all know.

I've owned many Prolines over the years, I have a Mountain 32 of theirs thats SMOKING fast. WAY ahead of it's time. I got it from the Jordans as a staff bow in 2003. At that time it was shooting 315 fps with a 27 1/2 inch Beman carbon arrow, 100 grain tip @ 28" draw.
Buckhorn50, if you want your money back for that Point Blank, drop me a PM, I'll GLADLY take it off your hands. I must have JUST missed that one at Jim's. I was in there a couple days before you got it.
Shoot'em Strait,
Fuzzy
I been hearing to much good things about this bow, I'll keep it lol. I'll keep you in mind though if i do ever decide to upgrade to another bow. I remember jim saying 2 other people were wanting to buy it. The guy who was selling it dropped it down to $80, so i had to grab it. There's some good people there at Jim's Archery shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Shoot'em Strait,
Fuzzy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have several, obtained in an estate sale. Ran into this thread while trying to find out what these are, since Proline’s history predates my participation in this hobby. They seemed heavy and dated though of nice construction and very good quality. But then, I have more bows (and old cars, motorcycles, boats, etc) than I can use or appreciate. They don’t appear to fetch allot of $ on eBay...maybe they aught to go to an aficionado. [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts