close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Propaganda??????????

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by Dean Weimer, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow, I can't respond to any of the threads I want to because they're all getting closed so fast. How many of you agree that the IDNR...or, I should say, the Deer Management Program... has tried to mislead the citizens of Indiana to try and do away with the one buck rule???? Let this one ride for a bit Steve...this is legitimate.

2. The OBR is here to stay.

There is/was/will always be disagreement within the IDNR.

I wouldn't want the IDNR or any other gummint group to have 100% agreement by all employess 100% of the time on everything. Would you?

If they a cant talk opposing views and hash it and MAYBE come to a reasonable compromise then we will have a dicatarship of one.That is very bad.

Kyle is very smart man and he listens to every side of the debate and then makes up his own mind. I applaud him for that.

What I find as terribly funny is that amateur biologists that maybe went through a QDM course think they can run the deer management in Indiana better than trained professionals.

3. From armchair to amatuer!!! I'm gaining!!!

Allright, you finally got back with one of my responses. Thank you!!! What I find even funnier is that we have PHD toting Biologists who don't have a clue whatsoever. ;) Before I was an armchair biologist, now I'm an "Amatuer Biologist that went through a QDM course". Hmmm, my stock is rising!!!!!!! Put this "amatuer" in charge of the Indiana Deer Management Program and things will get done...finally!!!!!

4. That is YOUR opinion.

I've been a deer hunter probably longer than you are old so I know where we came from and where we are today and MOST of that great progress was under the tutelage of that “PHD toting Biologist”.

BTW - I never called you an "armchair biologist".

5. Doom and Gloom!!!!!

I am 34 years old, and have been hunting deer since I was 12. In that 20 plus years of hunting I have only recently (albeit they did it hesitantly) seen Indiana climb out of the stone age into the 21st century. This isn't your, or your grandpa's deer management any longer. Why can't you just hunt and forget about all the doom and gloom???? Can you give me any credit for getting articles published in major deer hunting publications, or are you so set against me that you won't acknowledge that??? I don't have a PHD, but I know a thing or two about deer management. You can thank the mass media for "educating" me on today's whitetail deer management. I have no interest in what happened in the first 50 or so years of deer management in our state. It's no secret in hunting circles that Indiana's Deer Management has been a joke compared to most states surrounding us. I am not the only one with this opinion either. You know the people who I am associated with...

Under the tutelage of that Phd toting biologist that was "forced" into by "amatuer, arm chair, biologists" that had a much better way...based on modern management in surrounding states. Why won't Dr. Mitchell shorten up the firearms season and hold it after the primary rut?????

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2006
  6. Dean,

How much influence do you suppose the insurance companys of the state have on setting the deer bag limits and season dates??? It has been my findings that this state is not ran by the DNR it is ran by the Insurance Companies. People in Illinois pay huge Motor Vehicle Insurance costs. I do know some things about QDM but I am not a pro on the subject. Just wanted your opinion..

7. Better ask Joe that one!!

That's one for Joe Bacon. Jbwhitetail

8. Like I said - I've been a deer hunter longer than you are old.

You mean there was absolutely no progress in our deer herd ever under Jim Mitchel until he was "forced' to go to the OBR?

C'mon...now that is totally funny..

9. Questions for an expert...

When is the primary rut in Indiana?

What natural occurances dictate the timing of the rut?

Why do does have twins so often?

What causes CWD?

What is the best way to get the true age of a deer?

Why does Indiana pale in comparison )to the production of giant Boone and Crockett class bucks) to most of our neighbors?

When is the best time to harvest a giant buck?

What is progress in your opinion??

You've been at this so much longer than I have you should know the answer to all of these questions...;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2006
  10. Hey Deano , when you going to run for the state biologist office?If your republican Ill cast my vote your way!

11. Does the IDNR make the rule changes on bag limits, and if so are there forums held statewide by the IDNR for the hunting public to attend?

12. Steve hasn't closed them - the supermoderators closed the threads. These conversations have been quickly degenerating and won't stay open if they do. Personal animosities are not part of the vision of the Indiana Sportsman

13. I will buy the next round on that thought......

WAITRESS,, OVER HERE

14. HEY HOYT, I HAVE WORKED FOR THE STATES LARGEST INSURANCE COMPANY FOR 19 YEARS. I HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT YOUR SUSPICIONS, I CAN SAY THAT MY COMPANY, STATE FARM, DOES NOT LOBBY THE IDNR AT ALL TO INCREASE DEER KILLS.

IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT IT IS THE INDIANA FARM BUREAU THAT DOES MOST OF THE IDNR ARM TWISTING.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.