close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Protest's

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by JoshS, May 15, 2006.

1. This past weekend I attended the funeral of a fallen Marine that I attended the same high school with in Southern Indiana. Before I get to the point of my thread, let me tell you that this was one of the greatest tributes that I have ever personally seen in my life. People lined the streets and roads to pay their respect to this fallen soldier and hero first as he was transported home from the Louisville airport Thursday and also Sat. during the procession from the funeral home to the church.

What would have put an even bigger damper on the day would have been if the radical protesters were there. Even though they are well within their rights, I find their actions to be as dispicable and ignorant. The sad thing is these radicals are protesting the people who protect their right to utilize the first amendment. Is it me or is that as hypocritical as you can get? I know that this is a topic that is up for debate nationally and also here in the state, but what does everyone think about this topic? Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with protest's for certain issues, but a funeral, let alone a military funeral! This goes way over the top in my book.

Anyways, if there are any soldiers, former soldiers, future soldiers on this website: THANK YOU for your service to this great country and God Bless. If you are involved in the Patriot Guard or know anyone who participates, thank you and/or thank them for me as well. Several members of the Patriot Guard stood outside the funeral home in the rain on Friday holding American Flags next to U.S. 231. Others rode hundreds of miles to pay their respects and also participate in the funeral. All I can say is WOW!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2006
  2. I also thank those soldiers who are fighting for America. In my opinion, just because one doesn't agree with the reasons our country is fighting doesn't give them a right to not support our troops. Protesting at a funeral is Busch League BS. It's sickening.

3. I really don't want to get started, but it's the same thing as all the Hollywood yuppies who are against guns, etc. They oppose the war and guns, but enjoy one of the richest and plushest lives out there. Without American Heroes protecting their sorry asses (using GUNS..YOU IDIOTS!!) how could they enjoy such a life.

And Oil...the people that say that this war is all about oil. The Liberal panzies all talk about the War for Oil, but they are the ones who own 15 vehicles...most of which are gas guzzling, oil devouring 8 cylinder beasts.

4. Amen Josh. I wasn't able to pay my respects along the motor route because I didn't want to take my 18 month old out in this weather, but I was there in spirit. It has made me proud to see every flag in our county at half staff in honor of this fallen hero. No one had to do it, but did it anyway out of respect.

I agree with you about the protests, and I want to echo your comments of thanks for any servicemen/women that visit this site, as well as the Patriot Guard. Thank you all.