close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Proud Grandfather

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by 410, Dec 18, 2006.

1. WOW what a deer hunting trip. My grandson (Cody) who is eighteen and hunted with me since he has been about 10 years old. The last three years belong to him. 2004 he got a small 8 pointer, 2005 he got a small 6 pointer and this year 2006 by letting small bucks go because he believes in the OBR he got his the buck of his life. Sorry by I and so dumb on this thing I don't know how to put a picture on a tread, you can see his buck in the gallery.
    The day started with him, his dad, and his dad's dad went pheasant hunting in the morning and then he came and we went out in the evening for deer. There has been a big buck coming out little before dark. I was on the over side of the cornfield about 5oo yards away from him and I could see 8 does and 3 small bucks come out and started coming our way. All at a once I heard him muzzle loader go off and then I heard the bullet hit and I knew he had hit something. First I thought it was a small buck or a doe and then I heard sometime breathing hard and I look and hear came that big bucks bleeding out both sides and fell bout 30 yards from me. I sat and watch the buck fall over and waited for my grandson to come my way. He said grandpa I hit the big buck and don't know where he went and I don't want to lose him. I told don't worry the buck is right over there and you should of seen has face. WOW he said had his hands on his head and said grandpa I can't believe it and he hug me and what a feeling that was. After I got him settle down we drag it out and call my wife to come and pick us up. The last two day not only Cody but a proud grandfather has had his chest pushed out too. Sunday I went with him to check it in and then to Sutton's we went to see about getting it mounted and then we went to a friends place and cut the buck up. Called Scott and he came over to see the big 8 point and said by just looking at it, it may go in the 140 to 150 range. The buck weight about 173 and Sutton's said that he would be way over 200 pounds in bow season.

2. What a great story there Tucker!!! That buck has some serious mass on it...what a great 8 pointer!!!!! It seems that this year is the year of the young hunter. I know of several great bucks that fell to the guns of youngsters this year. Congratulations on a great buck! You should be proud.

Hey, if Werstler can't seal the deal on a giant...someone can!!!!

3. Here you go Tuck.

What a hog, congrats to him and to you! You have to be proud of that one.:cool:

[​IMG]

4. Awesome deer and awesome story! You 2 will never forget that Bill. Congrats to both of you!!!

5. Holy Cow what a deer!
    Way to go Tucker, great way to spend the day with family there!!!
    What are your guide fees???

6. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

looks like my 18'' 8 pt. nice buck.

7. Um, I'll let someone else have that one.......

8. Gosh Dean, I was sure you were going to take that one.

9. man, that is an awesome 8pt! great mass all around.

10. Great buck, great story!

11. That is some MASS!....Great buck!

12. That there is a lifetime of memories! Congratulations!

13. Wow, the great eight.

14. Perfect mature 8! Those bases have to be pushing 6". Great memories right there.

15. Those brow tines are incredible. Congrats on a good story and buck

Ed